Keep Hope In Your Life
Hope Quotes and Sayings
- When the world say, "Give up," Hope whispers, "Try it one more time." - Author Unknown
- Hope never abandons you; you abandon it. - George Weinberg
- Once you choose hope, anything's possible. - Christopher Reeve
- To eat bread without hope is still slowly to starve to death. - Pearl S. Buck
- Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. - Albert Einstein
- It's really a wonder that I haven't dropped all my ideals, because they seem so absurd and impossible to carry out. Yet I keep them, because in spite of everything I still believe that people are really good at heart. - Anne Frank
- Never talk defeat. Use words like hope, belief, faith, victory. - Nornam Vincent Peale
- Take hope from the heart of man and you make him a beast of prey. - Ouida
- Love comes to those who still hope even though they've been disappointed, to those who still believe even though they've been betrayed, to those who still love even though they've been hurt before. - Anonymous
Hope is both the earliest and the most indispensable virtue inherent in the state of being alive. If life is to be sustained hope must remain, even where confidence is wounded, trust impaired. - Erik H. Erikson
The hope of a secure and livable world lies with disciplined nonconformists who are dedicated to justice, peace, and brotherhood. - Martin Luther King, Jr.
- It is history that teaches us to hope. - Robert E. Lee
- Hope begins in the dark, the stubborn hope that if you just show up and try to do the right thing, the dawn will come. - Anne Lamott
- Hope is but the dream of those who wake. - Matthew Prior
- Hope is the most exciting thing in life and if you honestly believe that love is out there, it will come. And even if it doesn't come straight away there is still the chance all through your life that it will. - Josh Hartnett
- Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it. - Hellen Keller
- We judge of man's wisdom by his hope. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
There is no medicine like hope, no incentive so great, and no tonic so powerful as expectation of something tomorrow. - Orison Swett Marden
- When you say a situation or a person is hopeless, you're slammin the door in the face of God. - Charles L. Allen
- I you knew that hope and despair were paths to the same destination, which would you choose? - Robert Brault
- Many of the great achievements of the world were accomplished by tired and discouraged men who kept on working. - Unknown Author
- Hope is patience with the lamp lit. - Tertullian
- Man can live about forty days without food, about three days without water, about eight minutes without air...but only for one second without hope. - Hal Lindsey
Of all the forces that make for a better world, none is so indispensable, none so powerful, as hope. Without hope men are only half alive. With hope they dream and think and work. - Charles Sawyer
- You've gotta have hope. Without hope life is meaningless. Without hope life is meaning less and less. - Author Unknown
- Hope is the word which God has written on the brow of every man. - Victor Hugo
- To love is to risk not being loved in return. But hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazzard in life is to risk nothing. - Ananymous
- Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul. - Emily Dickinson
- Far away there in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow them. - Louisa May Alcott
- Hope is the poor man's bread. - Gary Herbert
- Hope is some extraordinary spiritual grace that God gives us to control our fears, not to oust them. - Vincent McNabb
- Hope is putting faith to work who doubting would be easier. - Author Unknown
- We are all in the gutter, but some of us are lokking at the stars. - Oscar Wilde
- Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence. - Helen Keller
Hope is the companion of power, and mother of success; for who so hopes strongly has within him the gift of miracles. - Samuel Smiles Hope is outreaching desire with expectancy of good. It is characteristic of all living beings. - Edward S. Ame
- Hope is independent of the apparatus of logic. - Norman Cousins
True hope is swift, and flies with swallow's wings;
Kings it makes gods, and meaner creatures kings. - William Shakespeare
- It is the around-the-corner brand of hope that prompts people to action, while the distant hope acts as an opiate. - Eric Hoffer
- If it were not for hopes, the heart would break. - Thomas Fuller
- Hope is a path through a flowering meadow. One doesn't require that it lead anywhere. - Robert Brault
- Some see a hopeless end, while others see an endless hope. - Author Unknown
- Man cannot for long live hopefully unless they are embarked upon some great unifying enterprise - one for which they may pledge their lives, their fortunes and their honor. - C. A. Dykstra
Cease, every joy, to glimmer in my mind, But leave,--oh! leave the light of Hope behind! -
- He who has health has hope; and he who has hope has everything. - Arabian Saying
- Faith walks simply, childlike, between the darkness of human life and the hope of what is to come. - Catherine de Hueck Doherty
To travel hopefully is a better thing than to arrive. - Robert Louis Stevenson
- Hope is faith holding out its hand in the dark. - George Iles
- Hope is the only bee that makes honey without flowers. - Robert Ingersoll
- Hope itself is a species of happiness, and, perhaps, the chief happiness which this world affords; but, like all other pleasures immoderately enjoyed, the excessesw of hope must be espiated by pain. - Smauel Jackson
- Hope is like peace. It is not a gift from God. It is a gift we can give one another. - Elie Wiesel
- Hope is not the conviction that something will turn out well but the certainty that something makes sense, regardless of how it turns out. - Vaclav Havel
- Hope is the last thing ever lost. - Italian Saying
Whoever, in middle age, attempts to realize the wishes and hopes of his early youth, invariably deceives himself. Each ten years of a man's life has its own fortunes, its own hopes, its own desires. - Goethe
- All it takes is one bloom of hope to make a spiritual garden. - Terri Guillemets
- When hope is hungry, everything feeds it. - Mignon McLaughlin
- Hope is necessay in every condition. The miseries of poverty, sickness, of captivity, would, without comfort, be unsupportable. - Samuel Jackson
- When you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance. - Lee Ann Womack
Work without hope draws nectar in a sieve, And hope without an object cannot live. -
Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- A true friend is a source of strength and hope. - jlh
- Hopeful thinking can get you out of your fear zone and into your appreciation zone. - Martha Beck
- While wishing and hoping makes you a dreamer, acting and doing makes you someone who can turn dreams into reality. - Nan S. Russell
- The Grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for. - Allan K. Chalmers
- We live by admiration, hope and love. - William Wordsworth
- Hope is like a road in the country; there was never a road, but when many people walk on it, the road comes into existance. - Lin Yutang
- There is nothing so well known as that we should not expect something for nothing - but we all do and call it Hope. - Edgar Howe
- The sudden disappointment of a hope leaves a scar which the ultimate fulfillment of that hope mever entirely removes. - Thomas Hardy
- Hope is grief's best music. - Author Unknown
Hope doesn't come from calculating whether the good news is winning out over the bad. It's simply a choice to take action. - Anna Lappe
You don't seem to realize that a poor person who is unhappy is in a better position than a rich person who is unhappy. Because the poor person has hope. He thinks money would help. - Jean Kerr
- Everything that is done in the world is done by hope. - Martin Luther
- Never let go of hope - dream, take action, and get that transfer to live the life you wish. - Catherine Pulsifer
- The very least you can do in your life is figure out what you hope for. And the most you can do is live inside that hope. Not admire it from a distance but live right in it, under its roof. - Barbara Kingsolver
- Hope arouses, as nothing else can arouse, a passion for the possible. - William Sloan Coffin
Steps to find Hope
- Dream big - people who dream big, or have high hopes are more likely to reach their goals.
- Realize that no one has total control over your life - you are the only person who can truly contol what you think and feel.
- Accept that your dreams are a possiblity, but are not quaranteed to come true -
- Be willing to take a risk - you will never achieve your hopes and dreams if you are afraid to try.
- Think positively - negative thoughts will slow you down every time. You begin second guessing yourself and stall in one spot.
- Planning is a big part of achieving your hopes. Without planning and going over your hopes you have no way to find the way to achieve them.
- Always ask yourself why you are hoping for this particular event or happening. If it is something that does not uphold your daily values, you need to find something else to hope for.
- Ask others for help - share your hopes with someone you trust. They may have an idea how to achieve your hope and dream.
- Look within yourself for a way to fulfill your hopes and dreams. Keep positive thoughts and work towards your goal.
- Find the good in everything. Just because you hope for something does not mean you will achieve it. Sometimes it is not the right thing for you.
- Make a plan for your life - without a plan you are floating through life without a clear path to follow.
- Start imagining yourself reaching a goal, feeling better, making a dream come true. Hope begins in the the brain, it begins with positive thinking.
- Look at the people around you, you will notice the happiest ones are the ones who have hopes and dreams in their lives. Immulate them.
- Take small steps towards living a more hopeful life. As you feel yourself thinking more positively you will find everything around you seeming to miraculously changing. Take baby steps at first, afterall, Rome wasn't built in a day.
- If your hopes are centered on a better life due to a better job - go out and get some training. Volunteering sometimes leads to a grat job offer. you can learn the ropes and show how valuable you can be.
- Decide that your life will get better - that you will achieve the fruition of your hopes and dreams.
- Keep a to-do list, write down what you need to do to make your hopes come true.
- Make a list of possibilities of what could happen if you see your hope achieved.
- Keep your hope alive by feeding it with the belief that it is an attainable hope.
What is hope?
Hope means different things to different people. To some it is the wish to get or obtain something. To others it is the wish for something to happen or to be true. To all it is the wish for something that seems possible to obtain or achieve.
How so how does hope affect us? Why it is important to have hope? Well, for one thing, hope affects the way you think or precieve events. If you are hoping for something to happen that does not you are depressed. If you hopes come true you are elated.
Hope also affects the way you behave. The realization of your hope will affect your mood as much as the dashing of your hope.
Hope is an emotion that is hard to control. Even in adversity you contine to hope. This enables you to go on even when things are going wrond. There is always the hope that things will become better. That things will turn out right in the end.
Without hope you have the feeling of depression and hopelessness. The feeling that there is nothing left to live for. Nothing left out there for you. Feelings of hopelessness is caused by many things, including : depression, chronic insomnia, chronic fatigue syndrome, dimentia, cocaine abuse, cirrhosis of the liver, schizophrenia, kidney failure, personality disorders, brain injury, Huntington's disease, and many others. If you have the feeling of hopelessness, please contact a doctor, health care worker, or mental health worker for help. It is a serious symptom of something seriouly wrong. Please get help.
Inspirational and Motivational Hubs
- Hope Quotes And Sayings - Popular And Famous Hope Qu...
Searching for popular and famous hope quotes and sayings. This page lists some of the best hope quotes and sayings you will find on the net...
- Faith Quotes and Sayings
* Where there is FAITH, there is LOVE; Where there is LOVE. there is PEACE; Where there is PEACE, there is GOD; Where there is GOD, there is BLISS. ~ Sri Sathya Sai Baba *A man of courage is also...
- Happiness Tips, Quotes and Sayings
Picture from photobucket.com Happiness is different things to different people. When I first started this hub I thought I would be using just quotes and sayings. As I started picking out the quotes I began to...
- Motivational Tips For Depression-6 Ways To Feel Bett...
Depression can strike anytime to anyone. It doesn't spare it's victims. Depression is serious and should never be taken lightly. Depression is sadness, hopelessness, a loss of interest in your daily living,...
- Motivations and Inspirational Quotes For People with...
Motivations and Inspirational Words and Quotes For People with Disabilities. Finding the words and motivations in life when you are disable is difficult specially for those who have been active before and for...
More by this Author
Chocolate, one of those well loves foods of comfort. Most people love chocolate, and why not. It is delicious, sweet, creamy, and helps you feel better in a time of crisis. Recipe included.
Remember that special aunt or uncle that always showed how much they cared? Now you can show them how much you care by sending them a loving quote.
Different styles look better on some than others. We all want to look good, that's a given. To look your best, you need to dress for your body type.