Dr. Myles Munroe Quotes
Quotes from Maximizing Your Potential by Myles Munroe
- Man is like an onion. His potential is exposed one layer at a time until all he is, is known by all.
- Retirement is never a concept in the minds of world changers.
- True success is not a project but a journey.
- Mediocrity is living below our known, true potential.
- True success is what you have done compared to what you could have done.
- One key to maximizing your potential is to become dissatisfied with the circumstances that restrict, limit, and stifle your potential.
- Remember, you will never change anything thing that you are willing to tolerate.
- Don't be a pigeon if you were born to be an eagle. Experience God's altitude for your life.
- Mediocrity accepts the norm, pleases the crowd, and does what it can get by with. Maximum living pushes the norm, pleases God, and sets the standard for excellence.
Quotes from Waiting and Dating: A Sensible Guide to a Fulfilling Love Relationship by Myles Munroe
- A truly single person is one who is complete physically, emotionally, spiritually, and intellectually without dependence upon anyone else.
- Don't ever become so preoccupied by who you want that you forget to be who you are.
- God places people in our paths and us in theirs that we might be a blessing to each other.
- Praying for our friends is the most important and significant thing we can do for them.
Quotes from Passing It On: Growing Your Future Leaders
- The greatest act of leadership is mentoring.
- The highest manifestation of true leadership is to identify one's replacement and to begin mentoring him or her.
- Leadership success is measured by the success of your successor.
- The first act of a visionary leader like you should be to identify and begin mentoring your replacement.
- The vision must live on even if you die.
- If your vision dies with you, you failed.
- Secure leaders empower people.
Quotes from Understanding Your Potential
- Failure is not the absence of success. Failure is the neglect of trying.
- When God looks at you, He sees things everybody else ignores.
- Before anything was, God is.
- What you have done is no longer your potential. Potential is what you can do but have not yet done.
- If you want to succeed, strike out on new paths. Don't travel the worn paths of accepted success.
More quotes from Myles Munroe
- Vision is generational.
- Until purpose is discovered, existence has no meaning.
- “Leadership reproduces leadership.”
- A seed, until it is released, is only a promise of a tree.
- Vision is personal but never private.
- Do not overstay your time.
- Praise must be learned in private before it is exhibited in public.
- Vision is always greater than the visionary.
- Do not wait until you are great to be great, or you will never be great.
- Keep your head and your heart going in the right direction, and you will not have to worry about your feet.
- When man puts a limit on what he can be, he has put a limit on what he will be.
- You know you have effective authority when you say nothing or are very quiet, and people respond positively to you and your influence.
- The term Christian was never to be a title nor label that we wore, but a lifestyle that we lived demonstrating the nature of “Christ-likeness.”
- Don’t die without using your full potential. The greatest threat to progress is your last successful accomplishment.
- Never accept success as a lifestyle-it is but a phase. Never accept an accomplishment as the end-it is but a mark in the process.
- The graveyards are full of great men and women who never became great because they did not give their ability responsibility.
- Your faith is only as strong as the tests it survives. How strong are you? Strength must be tested before it can be considered reliable.