National Novel Writing Month 2011 – Start writing your Novel
Have you ever aspired to writing your own Novel? Well, a perfect opportunity is here for you. NaNoWriMo gives writers the opportunity to write a novel in the month of November. The event takes place yearly in November.
- The novel has to be a minimum of 50,000 words.
- It should be written between the 1st- 30th November.
- Your Novel can be any theme/genre.
- You have to be at least 13 years old to take part.
- There are lots of pep talks to motivate you.
- There is the option of joining groups. As well as meeting other people online, you can also meet in person if you choose to. (in your area of the world)
- You can also use the opportunity to raise money for Charities.
It’s FREE to sign up.
If you write about 1667 words a day – you will be able to meet the target of 50,000 words. You can also track your progress on the website. When I participated 2 years ago, I found it useful typing in Microsoft Word, then copying and pasting it, on to the NaNoWriMo Website.
** It will be visible only to you.
No official prizes are awarded for length, quality, or speed. However, if you are able to complete the target of 50,000 words, you will be declared a winner.
It's good Motivation to start writing a Novel.
For more details and to sign up - Visit: http://www.nanowrimo.org/
Sorry, I have closed this for comment - Just wanted to pass on the info. Good Luck.