Nature Quotes and Sayings
What is Earth Day? Simply put Earth Day is a day that the world joins together to celebrate the Earth. Every year on April 22nd the United States and over 175 other countries around the world join together to celebrate the largest worldwide environmental event. On this day we take out the time to appreciate nature and learn ways to protect our environment.
Typically on this day you will find groups of adults and children in parks cleaning them and taking care of the plantlife. This is also the day when wefind and learn ways to protect our environment and to keep our planet clean. The first Earth Day celebrated in 1970 marked the beginning of the modern day environmental movement.
- All my life through, the new sights of Nature made me rejoice like a child. - Marie Curie
- People from a planet without flowers would think we must be mad with joy the whole time to have such things about us. - Iris Murdoch
- To me a lush carpet of pine needles or spongy grass is more welcome than the most luxurious Persian rug. - Helen Keller
- In my garden, after a rainfall, you can faintly, yes, hear the breaking of new blooms. - Truman Capote
- Nature never hurries. Atom by atom, little by little she achieves her work. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Those who contemplate the beauty of the earth find reserves of strength and in the contemplation of her beauties to know of wonder and humility. - Rachel Carson
- Nature is my manifestation of God. I go to nature every day for inspiration in the day's work. I follow in buildingthe principles which nature has used in its domain. - Frank Lloyd Wright
- To sit in the shade on a fine day and look upon the verdant green hills is the most perfect refreshment. - Jane Austin
- The earth laughs in flowers. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
- The tulip and the butterfly appear in gayer coats than I: Let me be dressed fine as I will, flies, worms, and flowers exceed me sstill. - Isaac Watts
- Flowers are the sweetest things that God ever made and forgot to put a soul into. - Henry Ward Beecher
- Reading about nature is fine, but if a person walks in the woods and listens carefully, he can learn more than what is in books, for they speak with the voice of God. - George Washington Carver.
- Delight in the beauty that surrounds you. - Author Unknown
- I am in love with the green earth. - Charles Lamb
- Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. - Kahlil Gibran
- The richness I achieve comes from Nature, the source of my inspiration. - Claude Monet
- The silence of nature is very real. It surrounds you...you can feel it. Ted Trueblood
There is a pleasure in the pathless woods,
There is a rapture on the lonely shore,
The is society, where none intrudes,
By the deep sea, and music in its roar:
I love not man the less, but Nature more.
- Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves. - John Muir
- The mountains are calling and I must go. - John Muir
- How glorious a greeting the sun gives the mountains. - John Muir
- On all the peaks lies peace. - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- Some of nature's most exquisite handiwork is on a minature scale, as anyone knows who has applied a magnifying glass to a snowflake. - Rachel Carson
- The cold was our pride, the snow was our beauty. It fell and fell, lacing day and night together in a milky haze, making everything quieter as it fell, so that winter seemed to partake of religion in a way no other season did, hushed, solemn. - Patricia Hampl
The first fall of snow is not only an event, it is a magical event. You go to bed in one kind of a world and wake up in another quite different, and if this is not enchantment then where is it to be found? - J. B. Priestley
I think that I shall never see
A poem as lovely as a tree.
A tree whose hungry mouth is prest
Against the earth's sweet flowing breast;
A tree that looks at God all day,
And lifts her leafy arms to pray;
A tree that may in Summer wear
A nest of robins in her hair;
Upon whose bosom snow has lain;
Who intimately lives with rain.
Poems are made by fools like me,
But only God can make a tree.
Dust of Snow
The way a crow
Shook down on me
The dust of snow
From a hemlock tree
Has given my heart
A change of mood
And saved some part
Of a day I had rued.
- Art and Nature in the Winter's Tale
In The Winter’s Tale, Shakespeare advances the unique idea that art, not nature, has powerful redemptive qualities. The play’s pastoral elements endorse natural values and condemn the artifice of the court but the play also undermines the pastoral, c
- Nature Spirits - Elves and Fairies of the Forest
Meet the nature spirits of the forests. The wild ones who dwell in the woods. In this installment, meet the Huldra, Leshy, Moss Folk, and Wood Wives.
- Robert Bateman Beauty Of Nature
Robert Bateman Canadian artist/naturalist painter from Toronto, Ontario, Canada, born in 1930 specializes in wildlife. This man was interested in nature from the time he was a little boy. Never really...
- Beauties of Nature
Nature is so charming, inspiring, pleasing, sooting and full of colors, We should use our eyes to see all this beauty of natural objects, Universe is actually God's book; it is full of wonderful pictures,...
- The Beauty of Nature Poetry
As I wake up in the morning When the sun rises each day; Hearing the birds singing And I knelt down to pray As I take my morning coffee And reading the newspaper daily Knowing that its a sunny...
More by this Author
There are angels among us in every shape and form. They surround us with love and safety.
Baby showers are fun and full of promise. A special gift at this time is especially appreciated.
Remember that special aunt or uncle that always showed how much they cared? Now you can show them how much you care by sending them a loving quote.