Old Wives Tales And Common Superstitions
Are you superstitious?
Here's a collection of old wives tales and superstitions... The funny, the silly, the ridiculous and the most common superstitions!
This page can be shared on your favourite social networking site using the share buttons located near the side bar of the page, or by copying the URL: http://stricktlydating.hubpages.com/hub/Old-Wives-Tales-And-Superstitions You're also welcome to add your own 'Wives tales' in the comments section. Author holds copyright please don't copy paste the page.
OLD WIVES TALES ABOUT BIRTHDAYS:
- If you blow out all of your candles at once on your Birthday your wish will come true.
- When you're cutting your birthday cake don't touch the plate with the knife or your wish won't come true.
OLD WIVES TALES ABOUT DREAMS:
- Your first dream in a new year will come true.
- When someone appears in your dream it's because they are missing you.
OLD WIVES TALES ABOUT HEALTH:
- If you rub Vicks on your feet you'll stop your cough.
- Drinking cranberry juice prevents urinary tract infections.
- If you have a cold rug up and sleep with lots of blankets - you'll sweat it out during the night.
- Put your hands over your mouth when you sneeze so that your soul doesn't come out.
- Be sure someone says "Bless you!" when you sneeze to scare the devil away.
- Cracking your knuckles will cause Arthritis.
- If your ears are ringing, someone is talking about you.
- If your left palm is itchy you're going to come into money.
- If your right palm is itchy you're going to have money taken from you.
- You can cure a sty by rubbing it with a gold ring.
- Warm hands mean a cold hear. Cold hands mean a warm heart.
- If you have a pimple on your tongue you have told a lie.
- Eating carrots makes your eyes blue.
OLD WIVES TALES ABOUT HAIR:
- If you eat your crust your hair will grow curly.
- Don't brush your hair at night or you'll forget everything you've learned all day.
- If you go to bed with wet hair you'll wake up with a cold.
- Drinking beer will put hairs on your chest.
OLD WIVES TALES ABOUT LUCK:
- Bad luck comes in three's.
- Cross your fingers when you wish for something to happen.
- If you break a mirror you'll have 7 years bad luck.
- It's bad luck to walk under a ladder.
- 13 is an unlucky number.
- You'll have bad luck if you put your shoes on the table.
- You'll have bad luck if you open up an umbrella inside.
- You'll have bad luck if a black cat crosses your path.
- You'll have good luck when you find a four leaf clover.
- You'll have good luck if you find a horse-shoe.
- A rabbit's foot will bring you good luck.
- You'll have good luck if you wear your clothes inside out.
- If you find a coin heads up you'll have good luck.
- It's bad luck to give someone a purse as a gift without a coin in it.
- Wearing an opal will bring you bad luck if it is not your birth stone.
- Make a wish on a wishbone. Break it and if you get the longest bone your wish will come true.
OLD WIVES TALES ABOUT WEATHER:
- When you hear Cookaburra's in the morning it means there's going to be a storm.
- When it's a full moon people go a little crazy.
- If a cat sneezes there will be rain.
MORE OLD WIVES TALES:
- For a happy marriage a bride should wear something old, something new, something borrowed and something blue.
- Garlic will protect you from evil spirits.
- At the end of the rainbow is a pot of gold.
- If you see a shooting star say "Money, money, money!" out loud and money will come to you.
- A cat has 9 lives.
- Knock on wood so you don't jinx yourself!
- Pick a daisy and say "He loves me" and "He loves me not" for each petal you pick off. If you end up on "He loves me" than he does!
More by this Author
A collection of romantic, corny, funny and sweet "ROSES ARE RED, VIOLETS ARE BLUE" love poems and quotes. Roses are red violets are blue, just wait until I get my hands on you!
Funny awkward moment quotes! Funny awkward moment status updates and memes about embarrassing, silly and totally awkward situations. Hundreds of reader comments!
Cute, Funny "About me" quotes, status updates and memes about yourself. Quotes for the 'About me' section of your profile page, and for funny Facebook statuses and Tweets about yourself.