OxyMorons (Hilarious Combinations) That Will Make You Smile
Wikipedia defines Oxymoron as a figure of speech that combines two normally contradictory terms. Often we use them placing an adjective and noun together to create a term that does not make any sense. How many of us actually critique another person's meaning, unless of course we question the answer. A friend of mine happened to send me an e-mail that made me realize all of us use Oxymoron's continually, not only in our writing but when we speak to each other face to face. Willing to share some of the Oxymoron's she sent to me and with respect to the author or writer who created them and of course there are a handful I created knowing that they were silly, hoping to put a smile on your face , pep in your step here are the top twenty five Oxymoron's that I have enjoyed ones that have made me smile.
1. Is it Good If A Vacuum really sucks? What does this mean is it really good? Isn't that what a vacuum is supposed to do?
2. Why is the third hand on the watch called a second hand? Does this really make any sense?
3. If Webster wrote the first dictionary where did he find the words? Where do you think?
4. Why do we sing " Take me out to the ball game?" when we are already there? Gotcha' thinking didn't it?
5. If love is blind why is lingerie so popular? Remember love is blind.
6. Christmas: Why do we sitting in front of a dead tree and eat candy out of our socks? Does this make any sense?
7. Why is bra singular and panties plural? Both require two things don't they?
8. If the entire world is a stage, who is the audience? What are all of us watching at the same time?
9. Why is it called 'after dark' when it really is after light?" Silly but true
10. What makes dinner and supper different? It has the same meaning or does it?
11. We call them the hoosiers? What is a hoosier? Does anyone have any really idea?
12. If a word was misspelled in the Webster's dictionary , how would any of us ever know?
13. Why are they called 'stands' when they are meant to place your bottom on?
14. Why is a 'wise man' and a 'wise guy' opposites ? Could it be age?
15. Why does anyone press harder on a remote control when they know the batteries are dead?
16. Why do we drive on a freeway , when the freeway certainly is not free?
17. Why do we park on a driveway and drive on a parkway? Who created this?
18. Why is it that everyone has a Television set but it is only considered one? Sure does sound multiple to me.
19. Why do ' Tug Boats' push their barges? They are supposed to tug isn't that correct?
20. If you are cross-eyed and have dyslexia can you read all right? What a question isn't it?
21. She sure is 'pretty ugly', which one is it?
22. Don't forget to submit your original copy, would you not want the original? So why copy it?
23. I would like your objective opinion? What in the world? If you are asking someones opinion would it not be an objective one?
24. You look like the 'living dead'? I believe that when we died, we certainly were not left alive.
25. What an organized mess! How can a mess be organized? mmmm... only from a writer's desk could that be the answer?
Next time we write we should be objective to opinion and certainly not tell anyone they look like the living dead and depending on your age you could be a wise guy or a wise man I wonder if someone thought about a wise woman and a wise gal are they also different?
copyright © 2009
- Ten Illustrated Quotes: Humor
There are those geeky types who love to collect interesting quotations. Im one of them. Collecting humorous quotes is always a laugh out loud moment well spent. Well, Im always advising people to live...
- Funny humorous sayings
Who wants to put on a leotard and get screamed at?~Lisa Simpson on gymnastics. Sports Humorous sayings I have always been crazy, but it kept me from going insane. sweet sayings by Cool Humorous Quotes...
- Humorous License Plates
Driving on a daily basis and in congestion one sometimes grows tired of the radio station and CD's that they are playing, being fortunate enough to have the radio station button amongst other things on the...
More by this Author
Wishes from a Genie. Have you ever dreamed of having 3 wishes and hoping they would come true? Three wishes from a genie...
Reflection of thoughts from a writer's perspective and through her mother's eyes about each days passing and the problems that we face. What we should do to overcome our obstacles.
Elizabethan Era vs. the 21st Century. A humorous side to how they lived versus how we live today. Hair dye made from urine? Not bathing?