Publishing a Book Without a Publisher Could Never Be So Easy
Self publishing with Create A Space
In my writing career I have always dealt with a publisher but have cut all ties with them. Publishing a book has never been so easy with the programs out there today.
Amazon Kindle Direct let's you upload your manuscript, set your price and you can make your own book covers which I have learned to do very well.
My favorite of all time is Create A Space through Amazon. You can upload your manuscript and have it published in print and in kindle format and the cost to you is nothing. You can order copies of your books at deep discounts. I can order my own books for $2.25 each and sell them for full price so I am making 100% profit not to include the royalties I get on each book published.
Since I cut all ties with my publisher and relinquished my contracts, I now can publish the same books they did as long as I don't use their formatting or book covers because your work is always yours no matter what..
I love writing and want to make money, but publishers make it hard. Publish America is one of the worst publishers ever and you will never get your royalties from them. Tate publishing is another scam publisher because they want you to pay 3,000 dollars and then they will reimburse you the money if you sell 5,000 copies of your book. Excuse me but why should I pay anyone when I can publish my work for nothing.
So if you love to write and think you can not get published, think again. You don't need a publisher all you need to do is go to Amazon Create A Space. They accept word documents and pdf files. I find word documents are easier to work with then pdf files. You just have to make sure that your manuscript is edited and formatted correctly.
I will show you how easy it is to create your own masterpiece.
Lets get started
Publishing your own book without a publisher takes time but is very easy. The hardest part is writing it. I will take you through the steps of how to create the perfect book, Cover and book trailer with ease. People think that self publishing is expensive, but you do not have to pay for anything using this program except $25.00 if you would like your book distributed and available nation wide
1. Go to https://www.createspace.com/ and register for an account.
2. Once you log in you will be brought to your members dash board. On the dashboard you will find valuable resources for creating your perfect book to showcase to your family and friends. The dashboard also has email available that will let you know when your book is ready to be previewed. Included in the dashboard is the amount of book sales you have sold and in what country. I have my books for sale in many countries as it gives me more opportunities to grow as a writer.
3. You will see ADD Title. On this next page you will enter the title of your book or project and if you are creating a paperback, cd or dvd. Later on it will offer you a version to be placed on Amazon kindle.
4. On the next page you will get to enter the title, subtitle if applicable, primary author, add contributors if it is more then one person writing the book, check off if this book is part of a series, series title, edition number, language and publication date.
5. The next page will take you to the part that your ISBN number is selected. You can get one assigned to you for free from create a space which is the option I always choose or you can make up your own.
6. This next sections lets you pick the color paper and the color of the print that you would like to use in your book. This is also the section that you would upload your micro soft word document or your manuscript.
7. Once your manuscript is uploaded and you go to the next page you will be able to choose a book cover which they have designed or your own that you will make. If you have picture perfect on your computer you can design your own cover. You will also get to enter any text you would like to appear on your book.
8. Lastly you will be able to save and complete on this last page. Once it is completed your book should be available in print within 24 hours. At this point you will also be able to pick the price you would like to sell your book for. It will give you the break down of how much it will cost in other countries also. Usually I try to keep my book prices at a fair price around 10 dollars or less if it is not many pages. You want to make some money but in the beginning you want to build your audience from here and right to your books.
9. Once you receive your email that your book is ready to preview, you will log back in to Create a Space and get to see your book how others will see it and make any corrections you need to at that time. I would suggest that you proof read your work again to make sure there are no mistakes because after it gets your final approval you will not be able to go back and make corrections unless you do it all over again. I also would advise you to let someone else read it because sometimes other people can pick out errors that you did not see.
How to Make an Easy Book Cover for Kindle
Making Your Book Cover
The above video gives you some help in creating your own book cover. Using your own pictures that you have taken is a lot easier then trying to find one that fits the style of your book. The only thing you have to be careful with photos off the internet because if they have a copy right infringement then you would have to request permission to use them. Even though there are pictures on the internet, that does not mean you can use them at your own free will.
This website I have used a lot. You can get pictures for as little as 20 cents or free.
Once you purchase the photo or download the free ones, they become yours automatically. These photos are royalty free which means no one is getting paid for those pictures.
This is One Book Cover I was Experimenting With
Another Book Cover I CreatedClick thumbnail to view full-size
Using Animoto to Create Your Book Trailer
Making a Book Trailer
What is the first thing that will make or break a movie? The trailer of the movie that shows some of the best parts of the movie. You can do the same thing for your book. With Animoto it is easy.
1. Create your account by going to http://animoto.com/. The price for this is around $4.00 a month but to me that is nothing for what you get in return.
2. Pick your music from the list or upload your own that you want to go with your story.
3. You first want to upload photos that you would like to include in the trailer and your book cover would be the first. You want your book cover to be first
4. Next you will add text in between photos that tell your story. This is a key factor. You want to tell enough of your story so that you will consume your audience. This could make or break your book. This tells your story in small detail without revealing the entire plot. I think I had more fun making the book trailer then I did writing the book.
After you are finished it will let you preview and make corrections. Believe me I played around with for over an hour until I got it just right.
You will be able to have a nice 3 minute book trailer that you will be able to upload to YouTube.
Once your book trailer is complete you can download it to your computer to use however you wish.
Happy Writing my friends.
© 2013 Cheryl
More by this Author
Schools need to wise up and realize that abstinence is not working and start preaching what is SAFE SEX.
I wrote this poem of love for the man who has given me true love and I am thankful everyday that I have found him and have him in my life forever.
I am a lapband patient and feel these questions and answers about the lap band will be helpful for those wanting to have weight loss surgery. I have been successful but the struggles have been great. It is not a magic...