Books and Literature: Famous and profound proverbs, inspirational quotes and philosophical thoughts
EVERY ONE KNOWS ABOUT ALEXANDER GRAHAM BELL WHO
INVENTED PHONES, BUT HE NEVER MADE A CALL TO HIS FAMILY.
BECAUSE HIS WIFE AND DAUGHTER WERE DEAF.
THAT'S LIFE - " LIVE FOR OTHERS ".
THE WORST IN LIFE IS "ATTACHMENT " ...
IT HURTS WHEN YOU LOSE IT.
THE BEST THING IN LIFE IS " LONELINESS " BECAUSE IT
TEACHES YOU EVERYTHING
AND WHEN YOU LOSE IT YOU GET EVERYTHING.
LIFE IS NOT ABOUT THE PEOPLE WHO ACT TRUE TO YOUR FACE ...
ITS ABOUT THE PEOPLE WHO REMAIN TRUE BEHIND YOUR BACK.
EGG BROKEN FROM OUTSIDE FORCE ... A LIFE ENDS.
IF AN EGG BREAKS FROM WITHIN ........... LIFE BEGINS
GREAT THINGS ALWAYS BEGAN FROM WITHIN.
ITS BETTER TO LOSE YOUR EGO TO THE ONE YOU LOVE
THAN TO LOOSE THE ONE YOU LOVE ... BECAUSE OF EGO.
A RELATIONSHIP DOESN'T SHINE BY JUST SHAKING HANDS
IN GOOD TIMES.
BUT IT BLOSSOMS BY HOLDING FIRMLY IN CRITICAL
WHEN YOU TRUST SOMEONE TRUST HIM COMPLETELY
WITHOUT ANY DOUBT ...
AT THE END YOU WOULD GET ONE OF THE TWO :
EITHER A LESSON FOR YOUR LIFE OR A VERY GOOD PERSON.
WHY WE HAVE SO MANY TEMPLES, IF GOD IS EVERYWHERE?
A WISE MAN SAID:
AIR IS EVERYWHERE
BUT WE STILL NEED A FAN TO FEEL IT.
Without GOD our week would be:
Sinday, Mournday, Tearsday, Wasteday, Thirstday, Fightday & Shatterday.
ABILITY IS WHAT YOU ARE CAPABLE OF DOING. MOTIVATION DETERMINES WHAT YOU DO. ATTITUDE DETERMINES HOW WELL YOU DO IT. (LOU HOLTZ)
Those who expect nothing .. ... are seldom disappointed.
Government of the people - by the people - for the people: Abraham Lincoln
Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much: John Wayne, actor
The superior man is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions: Confucius
Never give advice unless asked: German proverb
Anger makes you smaller, while forgiveness forces you to grown beyond what you were: Cherie Carter-Scott
Never forget what a man says to you when he is angry: Henry Ward Beecher
Silence is one of the hardest arguments to refute: Josh Billings
Behind every argument is someone's ignorance: Louis D. Brandeis
Men willing believe what they wish: Julius Caeser
They can conquer who believe they can: Virgil
There is no cure for bith and death save to enjoy the interval: George Santayana
Life is as tedious as a twice-told tale. Vexing the dull ear of a drowsy man: William Shakespeare
Men are not prisoners of fate, but only prisoners of their own minds: Franklin D. Roosevelt
It is choice, not change that determines your destiny: Jean Nidetch
Personality can open doors, but only character can keep them open: Elmer G. Letterman
A man's character is his fate: Heraclitus
When the character of a man is not clear to you, look at his friends: Japanese proverb
The character of a man is known from his conversations: Menander
Only I can change my life; no one can do it for me: Carol Burnett
Things do not change; we change: Henry David Thoreau
Change your thoughts and change your world: Norman Vincent Peale
See everything; overlook a great deal; correct a little: Pope John XXIII
Pick battles big enough to matter, small enough to win: Jonathan Kozel
Decorate yourself from the inside out: Terri Guillemets
Have a heart that never hardens, a temper that never tires, a touch that never hurts: Charles Dickens
The worst solitude is to be destitute of sincere friendship: Francis Bacon
There is nothing we like to see so much as the gleam of pleasure in a person's eye when he feels that we have sympathized with him, understood him. At these moments something fine and spiritual passes between two friends. These are the moments worth living: Don Marquis
The most beautiful discovery true friends make is that they can grow separately without growing apart: Elizabeth Foley
Few friendships would survive if each one knew what his friend says of him behind his back: Blaise Pascal
True friendship consists not in the multitude of friends, but in their worth and value: Ben Jonson
It is easy enough to be friendly to one's friends. But to befriend the one who regards himself as your enemy is the quintessence of true religion. The other is mere business: Mohandas K. Gandhi
Depth of friendship does not depend on length of acquaintance: Rabindranath Tagore
I've always said that in politics, your enemies can't hurt you, but your friends will kill you: Ann Richards
Friendship is a plant of slow growth and must undergo and withstand the shocks of adversity before it is entitled to the appellation: George Washington
It is easier to forgive an enemy than to forgive a friend: William Blake
Silence is the true friend that never betrays: Confucius
To find a friend one must close one eye; To keep him, two: Norman Douglas
- We are more often treacherous through weakness than through calculation: Francois De La Rochefoucauld
- Losing an illusion makes you wiser than finding a truth: Ludwig Börne
- Sometimes it's necessary to go a long distance out of the way in order to come back a short distance correctly: Edward Albee
- When the student is ready, the master appears: Buddhist Proverb
- Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after: Henry David Thoreau
- I tell you everything that is really nothing, and nothing of what is everything, do not be fooled by what I am saying. Please listen carefully and try to hear what I am not saying: Charles C. Finn
- There are some remedies worse than the disease: Publilius Syrus
- You never know what is enough, until you know what is more than enough: William Blake, Proverbs of Hell
- If you think you're free, there's no escape possible: Ram Dass
- You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep: Navajo Proverb
- To learn something new, take the path that you took yesterday: John Burroughs
- If you chase two rabbits, you will not catch either one: Russian Proverb
- Some people walk in the rain, others just get wet: Roger Miller
- It is easy to stand a pain, but difficult to stand an itch: Chang Ch'ao
- It takes all the running you can do just to keep in the same place: Lewis Carroll , Through the Looking-Glass , 1872
- We waste a lot of time running after people we could have caught by just standing still: Mignon McLaughlin , The Neurotic's Notebook , 1960
- Tomorrow always comes, and today is never yesterday: S.A. Sachs
- Weak eyes are fondest of glittering objects: Thomas Carlyle
- Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple: Dr Seuss
- A thousand men can't undress a naked man: Greek Proverb
- The scars you can't see are the hardest to heal. ~Astrid Alauda
- The foot feels the foot when it feels the ground: Buddha
- No snowflake ever falls in the wrong place: Zen
- The moment a little boy is concerned with which is a jay and which is a sparrow, he can no longer see the birds or hear them sing: Eric Berne
- Skin is a covering for our immortality: Terri Guillemets
- Genuine tragedies in the world are not conflicts between right and wrong. They are conflicts between two rights: Georg Hegel
- We are spirits clad in veils: Christopher P. Cranch
- If a man will begin with certainties, he shall end in doubts, but if he will content to begin with doubts, he shall end in certainties: Francis Bacon
- To believe with certainty we must begin with doubting: Stanislaus I of Poland
- One does what one is; one becomes what one does: Robert von Musil , Kleine Prosa
- A wise man can see more from the bottom of a well than a fool can from a mountain top: Author Unknown
- When you look into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you: Friedrich Nietzche
- Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the wise. Seek what they sought: Matsuo Basho
- Only stretch your foot to the length of your blanket.
- Do not look where you fell, but where you slipped
- A wise man never knows all, only fools know everything
- Only a fool tests the depth of the water with both feet
- If you fear God, you will not fear humans
- Do not put gold buttons on a torn coat
- A dog that barks all the time gets little attention
- Clouds that thunder do not always rain
- A hunt is like a dance for men; for the women the dance is the hunt
- The eye never forgets what the heart has seen
- The earth is a beehive; we all enter by the same door but live in different cells
- Words are like spears: Once they leave your lips they can never come back
- The tree with most leaves will not necessarily produce juicy fruits
- Beware of a man's shadow and a bee's sting
- The blind person never fears ghosts
- A chattering bird builds no nest
- A thorn defends the rose, harming only those who would steal the blossom
- A clever person turns great troubles into little ones and little ones into none at all
- Believe only half of what you see and nothing of what you hear
- Listen to what they say of the others and you will know what they say about you
- Learn politeness from the impolite
- What one hopes for is always better than what one has
- Everyone wants to live long but no one wants to be called old
- A little axe can cut down a big tree
- Life is like a flame; it needs a little oil now and then
A bad penny always turns up
A chain is only as strong as its weakest link
A fool and his money are soon parted
- A good husband makes a good wife
- A good name is better than riches
- A good payer is master of another's purse
- A good paymaster never wants workmen
- A just war is better than an unjust peace
- A little learning is a dangerous thing
- A nod is as good as a wink to a blind horse
- A short prayer penetrates heaven
- A still tongue makes a wise head
- All cats are grey in the dark
- All things are difficult before they are easy
- All truths are not to be told
- If Your eyes are positive you will like all the people in the world. But, if your
tongue is positive all the people in the world will like you
More by this Author
The first cup of tea! Tea is the world's most popular prepared drink. Read about the different tea species from around the world, e.g., India, China, Ceylon, etc. and recipe s
Learn how to quickly change from Uppercase to Lowercase and keyboard tricks that you wouldn't know of
Indian clothing: saris (saree), shalwar kameez or salwar kameez, Punjabi suits, kurta-pajama, how to wear a sari, differnt styles of sari
No comments yet.