Quotations About Sculpture
Trans circulus (latin: beyond the horizon)
- There is a right physical size for every idea. -Henry Moore
- Simplicity is not a goal, but one arrives at simplicity in spite of oneself, as one approaches the real meaning of things. -Constantin Brancusi
- Brancusi, like the Japanese, would take the quitessence of nature and distill it. Brancusi showed me the truth of materials. -Isamu Noguchi
- The Human Body is the mirror of the soul and it is from this fact that it derives its greatest beauty. -Auguste Rodin
- One must work, nothing but work and one must have patience.In modern work, the spectator has to bring with him more than half the emotion.-Alexander Calder
- True strength is delicate.-Louise Nevelson
- A good statue can be rolled downhill without damage. -Michelangelo.
- My work is a very specific fight against specific fears, one at a time. It comes close to a defining, an understanding and accepting, of fear. -Louise Bourgeois
- I have made my world and it is much better world that I ever saw outside. -Louise Nevelson
- Whatever the artist makes is always some kind of self-portrait. -Marisol
- It is easy. You just chip away the stone that doesn't look like David. (Michelangelo in explaining how he made his statue of David.) -Michelangelo
- Above all, sculpture is a conquest of space, a space that is delineated by forms.-Henry Laurens
Sculpture By The Sea
I took these pictures at theSculpture By the Sea 2006. The sculptures are set among the rocks and in the coastal walk from Bondi Beach to Tamarama Beach.
It is an open-air exhibition of modern sculpture by Australian and international artists. The exhibition is open every November for 2 weeks, 24 hours a day and is free.There are about 108 sculptures on display. It's a photographers' delight, you can photograph to your heart's content.
More by this Author
A collection of Filipino Riddles (Bugtong) about fruits, with answers.
A collection of Chinese proverbs, that gives a reader a glimpse into the lives of the Chinese people. Their wise sayings are drawn from experience of their daily lives and observation.
Explanations of the different Catholic symbols: these symbols act as badges of faith, teaching tools, and aids on the journey towards an understanding of complex philosophies. Images included.