Quotations About Travel
- Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. - Mark Twain
- To travel hopefully is a better thing than to arrive, and the true success is to labour. - Robert Louis Stevenson
- Travel gives a character of experience to our knowledge, and brings the figures on the tablet of memory into strong relief. - Henry Tuckerman
- I never travel without my diary. One should always have something sensational to read in the train. - Oscar Wilde
- Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
- The world is a book, and those who do not travel, read only a page.- Saint Augustine
- A man travels the world over in search of what he needs and returns home to find it. - George Moore
- Travel teaches toleration. - Benjamin Disraeli
- Travelling is a fool's paradise. Our first journey's discover to us the indifference of places. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
- A traveller without observation is a bird without wings. - Moslih Eddin Saadi
- Travelling is like flirting with life. It's like saying, i would stay and love you, but I have to go; this is my station. - Lisa St Aubin de Teran
- A journey is like marriage. The certain way to be wrong is to think you control it. - John Steinbeck.
- Travel, in the younger sort, is a part of education; in the elder, a part of experience. He that traveleth into a country, before he hath some entrance into the language, goeth to school, and not to travel. - Francis Bacon, Essays
- He travels fastest who travels alone. - Proverbs
- Travel broadens the mind. - Proverbs
- Quotes Library Online
Motivational and Inspirational Quotes for you to ponder
More by this Author
A collection of Chinese proverbs, that gives a reader a glimpse into the lives of the Chinese people. Their wise sayings are drawn from experience of their daily lives and observation.
A collection of wise words and sayings about birds from famous people, great writers and authors.
Filipino proverbs, or salawikain, echo the values of the Philippines. The values and lessons they impart to us still hold truth to this day.