Quotes About Writers
Witty and funny quotes about being a writer, an author, or poet.
Quotes About Writers:
- I can and do proudly over-romanticize. After all, I am a poet.
- Don't write everything down. Keep some thoughts for yourself.
- Writers block is when the voices in your head stop talking to you.
- The worst thing you write is better than the best thing you don't write.
- Better write for yourself and have no public than write for the public and have no self.
- Talking about writing won't get a book written, you've got to write.
- If you want to write emotionally, first be unemotional.
- Growing up is over-rated. Just be an author.
- A professional writer is an amateur who didn't quit.
- Writing is as close as we get to keeping a hold on our memories.
- The scariest moment is just before you start writing.
- A good writer evokes sensations in the reader.
- To be the kind of writer you want to be, you must first be the kind of thinker you want to be.
- To survive I must tell stories.
- If you want to be a writer you must read a lot and write a lot.
- The secret to be coming a writer is to write and keep on writing.
- Three words for writers: Make me care.
- If the noun is good and the verb is strong you almost never need an adjective.
- The quality of a writers life is written in his words.
- There is no limit to the number of stories.
- Writers often write about their imaginary friends.
- Goals with writing are dreams with deadlines.
- A one-page breakthrough can start an avalanche.
- A writer is before anything else, a person who is passionate about language.
- A writer is a dreamer by nature.
- A good writer is one who has the ability to engage you.
- Ask me how I feel about writing and I'll ask you how you feel about breathing.
- The writers worst enemy is self-doubt.
- When I want to read a novel, I write one.
- If a book is well written I always find it too short.
- Writing is not hard. You just sit at the computer and put one word after the other until it's done.
- You have to write a book that wants to be written.
- If the book you're writing is too difficult for grown-ups then maybe write it for children.
- Writers write to influence their readers.
- If you can quite, quit. If you can't you're a writer.
- Just write. If it's good you'll find out. If it's not - throw it out and start again.
- The greatest authors were great readers, and the ones who understood the books they read.
- Treat all your secondary characters like they think the book is about them.
- One of the things that draws writers to writing is that they can get things right in life that they got wrong before.
- Writers block is only a failure of the ego.
- Please do not annoy the writer he could put you in a story and destroy you!
- Even easy reading is damn hard writing.
- The best stories don't come from good v's bad but from good v's good.
- You lay the words out and they dig a path for you to follow.
- Writing is the most difficult and most rewarding job I ever had.
- The greatest pleasure of writing is re-reading and feeling satisfied.
- Writing is both talent and acquired skill.
- I love how writing lets me pretend there was a happy ending.
- Don't believe everything you read.
- When I'm on a roll, I will write all night.
- I've had disastrous relationships which left me with the most moving poems.
- I write all of the things I'm too afraid to say out loud, and then I write some more.
- I love how I can create my own fantasy world and share it with thousands! That's why I write.
- I rush off to get some sleep when I see the sun's coming up. Because the hours regularly get lost while I'm writing.
- Many emotions can be felt from a single sentence.
- It feels right when I write.
- Keep calm and write it down.
- Keep calm and save your work as you go.
- Keep calm, you can edit it later.
- Keep calm, your readers will love it.
- Keep calm, you'll find another word that rhymes.
- Keep calm, your publisher will approve it.
- Keep calm and use the spell checker.
- I write to delight!
- Authors make great pen-pals.
- You risk a fierce reply if you make a complaint to a writer in writing.
- Because I've already written it all down, I don't feel the need to say much about my feelings.
- Every little thing I write tells you a little thing about me.
- If I was a novelist I'd write a book showing you what would have happened if you made a different choice.
- One paragraph can tell a whole life story when necessary.
- All though a writer sits silently there's a party of thoughts within.
- A profit from the arrangement of words on a page. How simple for a poet.
- I am paid for sharing my imagination in text.
- Writing. Because how else can you profit from sharing emotions?
- You are right to Write, alright!
- No matter how good a writer you are you always need to rely on the spell checker.
- Every writer has some of their best work rejected.
- There is nothing quite as romantic as poem that spills with love.
- Take away my pen and I still have stories to tell.
- I love the way other writers inspire me.
- If it doesn't have impact - write it differently.
- A good writer can make you LOL when you are sitting alone, or make you start crying your eyes out!
- A writer can send a smile to your in box.
- A writer takes you on an imaginary journey before they tell you what the outcome is.
- A poem from an old flame is often all that's needed to re-ignite the fire.
- Never under-estimate the power of putting it in writing.
- Writing is designing with words.
- Writers are better at putting emotions on paper than they are speaking the words.
- Writing resolves heart-ache.
- Writing resolves feelings.
- Even a good writer can spend all day penning something that ultimately gets thrown in the trash.
- Writing is a wonderful way to explore your feelings.
- If it can't be said out loud, write it down.
- A writer can profit from heart-ache and bad experiences.
- There is no friend as loyal as a good book.
- A poet puts the music in the words when there is no music playing.
- At the touch of love, everyone becomes a poet.
- A writer can make words sparkle, dance or sting.
- Let me live, love and say it well in good paragraphs!
- Poetry is language at it's most powerful.
- If my writing doesn't impress you, nothing will!
- If I waited until I felt like writing I'd never write at all.
- Don't be a 'Writer' be writing.
- Good fiction's job is to comfort and disturb the comfortable.
- No-one could ever tell your story better than you - So tell it yourself.
When do you write your best work?See results without voting
StricktlyDating's Funny Quotes On Youtube:
Hubpages Writers Poll
How often do you submit a Hub for publication?See results without voting
© 2013 StricktlyDating
More by this Author
A page of romantic, corny, sweet and funny "Roses are red, violets are blue" love poems and quotes. Roses are red, violets are blue, just wait until I get my hands on you!
Funny awkward moment quotes! Funny awkward moment status updates and memes about embarrassing, silly and totally awkward situations. With hundreds of reader comments!
Cute, Funny "About me" quotes, status updates and memes about yourself. Quotes for the 'About me' section of your profile page, and for funny Facebook statuses and Tweets about yourself.