Quotes and Sayings About How to Achieve Success
What Can I Do to Achieve Success?
Successful people think differently. In order to achieve success, a person first decides they are worthy and capable. Have you ever heard a successful person who said, "I can't"? Success starts first with attitude.
What do successful people look like? What makes them stand apart from the crowd? What are some of the character traits of those who choose success for their lives? Why do some succeed and others seem to stand at the sidelines? Can success be simple or is it difficult to attain? What can I do to achieve success?
- Define your own success. What does it look like?
- Take 100% responsibility for your life.
- Excel in what you do best.
- Write your goals on paper and read/review each day. Revise when necessary, (less than 3% of Americans write down their goals. less than 1% rewrite/review them daily).
- Don't complain about work required to achieve goals.
- Focus, which means giving up some things in the present for future rewards.
- Identify the essential and eliminate that which is not necessary.
- Create a road map and follow it, and yet be wise enough to realize there may be necessary detours in order to reach your destination.
- Have creative outlets for self-expression and relaxation.
- Exercise to help stay healthy and reduce stress.
- Share the rewards of your success with others.
- Never give up. It's not an option.
Does this sound like you? Of course, it does! The first step is to define your own success, and visualize and actualize by putting into action the necessary work that is required. Below I have gathered some of my favorite quotes throughout the years. Sometimes it helps to write them down in a success journal and read them often, especially when motivation and inspiration may be lacking. I have numerous journals that I keep, but one is specifically my success journal and I am happy to share part of it with you.
Success is an attitude, a responsibility and a reward.— rebekahELLE
"I learned this, at least, by my experiment;
that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams,
and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined,
he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours."
- "Your success and happiness lie in you." Helen Keller
- "Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly." Robert F. Kennedy
- "Master a skill and you become ruler of your own destiny."
- "Perseverance will accomplish all things." American Proverb
- "It is not enough to have a good mind; the main thing is to use it well." Rene Descartes
- "It's not the going out of port, but the coming in that determines the success of a voyage." Henry Ward Beecher
- "Success comes to those who have proceeded to do what the rest of us have always intended to do."
- "Character is the single most important element in achieving success... A warrior, as I've said before, always stands for something larger than himself." Richard Marcinka
- "Everything bows to success, even grammar." Victor Hugo
- "They can because they think they can." Virgil
Let's take a motivational minute and continue reading.
Visualize Your Success
More Quotes from Successful People
"And the time came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." Anais Nin
"The last of the human freedoms is to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances." Viktor Frankl
"In the difficult are the friendly forces, the hands that work on us." Ranier Maria Rilke
"Surround yourself with people you can trust." Donald Trump
"Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude."
"To climb steep hills requires a slow pace at first." William Shakespeare
"Try not to become a man of success, but a man of value." Albert Einstein
"Make the most of yourself, for that is all there is of you." Ralph Waldo Emerson
"It is folly for a man to pray to the gods for that which he has the power to obtain by himself." Epicurus
Ready for another motivation minute?
The talent of success is nothing more than doing what you can do well.— Henry W. Longfellow
Pursue Your Success
Success Quotes and Sayings
- "Knock the 't' off the 'can't'." Samuel Johnson
- "If you hear a voice within you say, "you cannot paint", then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced." Vincent Van Gogh
- "Success usually comes to those who are too busy to be looking for it." Henry David Thoreau
- "Efforts and courage are not enough without purpose and direction."
We need men who can dream of things that never were.— John F. Kennedy
"To Unpathed Waters, Undreamed Shores."
The above quote is from William Shakespeare. Success is for those who dare to cross the unpathed waters, for those who discover the undreamed shores. Life never runs out of new paths to create for those who follow in our footsteps. So, grab your success journal and create your success.
Success Poem by Bessie Anderson Stanley
"To laugh often and love much;
to win the respect of intelligent persons
and the affection of children;
to earn the approbation of honest citizens
and endure the betrayal of false friends;
to appreciate beauty;
to find the best in others;
to give of one’s self;
to leave the world a bit better,
whether by a healthy child,
a garden patch
or a redeemed social condition;
to have played and laughed with enthusiasm
and sung with exultation;
to know even one life has breathed easier
because you have lived—
this is to have succeeded".
Bessie Anderson Stanley ~1904
Alain de Botton: A Kinder, Gentler Philosophy of Success
"You have brains in your head.
Your have feet in your shoes.
You can steer yourself
In one direction you choose."
More by this Author
There is a call of nature in our lives and in our world. Nature calls calmly and sometimes with fury. I have collected quotes about nature from famous authors, naturalists, artists, scientists, influential people and...
A collection of beautiful love quotes and romantic expressions. Be inspired, find the perfect quote for a loved one or for your own collection.
- EDITOR'S CHOICE38
This article covers five significant reasons for the importance of preschool education written by an experienced early childhood educator. The preschool aged child is eager and ready to learn.