A Humorous Look at Spring Cleaning (or "So This Is Why I'm Not Married!")
Ready, Set, Go!!!!!
- Okay, you are ready to do your spring cleaning and you want it done right - no holding back and no influences from your spouse! You are armed with a large trash can, several rolls of paper towels, several different cleaning solutions, and obsessive-compulsive disorder that would make Adrian Monk (the defective detective) look like a wuss. Let's get started.
- I suggest you start your spring cleaning in your husband's closet because for 12 months you've been wanting to dump some of that junk out and now is your chance! First, what the heck is this old basketball with a bunch of names written on it doing in the house? Why isn't it in a box in the garage with the other sports balls? And, who names their kid Shaq? Basketball...gone.
- Now, why does he still have this picture of him shaking the hand of a guy named Brett Favre. No reason to keep that, the guy obviously doesn't know how to spell his own name. Photograph...gone. We'd better clean out some of these old clothes of his, too (boy, won't he be excited!). I can't believe anyone would keep old golf shirts from the 1970s and 1980s and 1990s. Wow, he must have 50 of them, all with different golf tournament names on the front and some of them have even been WRITTEN on! Heaven's sake, who keeps this stuff, and who signs their name "Tiger." Golf shirts...gone.
- You should be starting to feel somewhat accomplished as you are freeing all that closet space up for your husband. Once again, won't he be surprised?
- Let's look inside this old box and see what he's been hoarding. OMG, a bunch of old used sports tickets with some unreadable names scribbled on them. Does he think he can re-use them to get into a game? Man, is he dense! Good thing he's got me to do the spring cleaning for him. What in the world is this old baseball bat doing in the house? Sports people sure do have weird names...Regards, Babe written on this one. Baseball bat...gone.
- Let's go now and clean out all of those SHOES! Good grief, he must have 50 pairs of old sneakers. I wonder why he has them wrapped individually and boxed up? Here's a note that reads: collectible, sell online to Japanese. Right...like ANYONE would buy a pair of old shoes from the 1960s, even if they are in like-new condition - and he doesn't even know anyone in Japan! Has he lost his mind? Fifty pairs of old shoes...gone.
- This spring cleaning is really hard work and I had no idea he had so much stuff that had been accumulating. I may have to wait until next year to clean out my stuff...I'm just too tired. Guess I'll just put all these paper towels and cleaning stuff back in the cabinet for later.
- I deserve a nap.
Tips (and Warnings)
- Don't do your spring cleaning when your husband is home - he'll just get in the way.
- Make sure you take everything to the landfill before your husband gets home, so he doesn't start whining and put everything back.
- Go ahead and look up the name of a good divorce attorney. I can recommend a few.
More Humorous Hubs
- Hunting Down the "Bitch in the Box"
You can call it a GPS if you want, but this author refers to it as the Bitch in the Box, and that's a nickname that has been earned.
- How to Go to a Party Without a Date and Not Look Stu...
A hilarious look at life as a single woman. When you are invited to a party, and you have to go alone, these are some funny tips for you to make the night a little bit more bearable.
- Your Family Needs to Have a Sense of Humor if You Wa...
This article is a humorous look at the nasty job of cleaning out your family's socks. To do it properly, you must follow the directions given. But don't tell them where you got the information.
- A Humorous Look at Searching for a Better Mousetrap
If you are trying to get rid of mice, this is a humorous look at the subject which proves that the simplest method is still the best, so there is really no need to go looking for something better.
Please Check Out Some of My Other Articles
- How to Grow Gorgeous Camellias From Cuttings
This is a how-to article on growing camellia flowers from cuttings. If you have a beautiful camellia plant, you can actually
- How to Pan for Gold in Oregon
This article will show you how to pan for gold, and suggest places you can go to do so in the state of Oregon. Tells you everything you will need to pan for gold and the best methods for panning in streams in known gold-bearing areas.
- How to Propagate a Dieffenbachia Plant Using Cutting...
If you have a beautiful dieffenbachia plant, you can actually clone it and have more plants with the exact same characteristics. This article will explain how to do it.
- How to Propagate Geraniums from Cuttings
This article will give you detailed instructions on how to
More by this Author
A how-to tutorial on how to successfully grow fuji apple trees. Fuji apples are about the size of a baseball and are about 10% sugar, so they are a tasty choice to grow.
Pecksniffian is the Word of the Day for Bill O'Reilly on "The O'Reilly Factor" (Fox News), and it means to be falsely moralistic, hypocritical or sincere. There were so many politicians that fit the description, it was...
This is a how-to article on growing camellia flowers from cuttings. If you have a beautiful camellia plant, you can actually "clone" it!