Healing Rain: A Sad Break-up Love Poem and Sad Love Quotes
Relationship Break-ups: The Death of Love
Relationship break-ups and the death of love are amongst the most difficult life events that we deal with. They bring with them a lot of anguish and pain from which we think we will never recover. This sad love poem about heartbreak deals with some of the anguish and pain people go through when their relationships break-up. Hard as it is to see the light at the end of the tunnel eventually the pain of heartbreak subsides and our hearts open up to love again. If you are going through a break-up, you can read inspiring tips on how to get over a break-up and find love again here.
Healing Rain: A Sad Love Poem About Heartbreak
By Injete Chesoni
I thought my tears would make you love me again,
I thought my tears would fall on the roots of our love
and nourish it like rain.
I thought my tears would pierce your heart,
and help us to make a brand new start.
I thought my tears would make you feel my anguish and pain,
and draw you back into my arms again.
I thought my tears would flow with yours
and create for us a pool of love.
I thought my tears were heavenly showers
with magical healing powers.
A trickling sent from the heavens above,
That would fill our hearts with joy and love.
So I cried when you left me
To ease my pain,
I cried when you left me
To bring you back into my arms again,
I cried when you left me,
Because I thought that tears were healing rain.
But I found out that sometimes they are not,
They are just tears and searing pain.
Healing Rain: Love Break-up Poems and Sad Love Poems By Injete Chesoni.
Image Courtesy of: Marco Bolognesi, Wikimedia.
Sad Love Quotes
1. The saddest thing in the world, is loving someone who used to love you. - Anonymous
2. Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don't know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of withering, of tarnishing. - Anais Nin
3. Love can sometimes be magic. But magic can sometimes... just be an illusion. - Javan
4. Love seeketh not itself to please, nor for itself hath any care, but for another gives its ease, and builds a Heaven in Hell's despair. - William Blake
5. The hottest love has the coldest end. - Socrates
6. Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.- Kahlil Gibran
7. If I never met you, I wouldn't like you. If I didn't like you, I wouldn't love you. If I didn't love you, I wouldn't miss you. But I did, I do, and I will. - Anonymous
8. Cry your heart out, let it all go, because after every tear there is a rainbow. - Anonymous
9. I am tired of trying, I am tired of crying, I know I have been smiling but inside I am dying - Anonymous
10. You know you are in love, when the hardest thing to say is "Goodbye". - Anonymous
One day the moon said to me,
"If he makes you cry, why don't you just leave him."
I paused and turned around...and i looked back to the moon and said,
"Why would you ever leave your sky?" - Anonymous
Sad love quotes from assorted sources.
More by this Author
This scary ghost poem was inspired by a metal art work piece I did of a woman with a veiled face. There was something haunting and mysterious about the art piece. I come from Kenya and Mombasa is one of Kenya's oldest...
There is something so wonderfully romantic about the beach so it is not surprising that it is a favorite destination for weddings, honeymoons, love-making and romantic picnics. This hub gives you tips on creating your...
As mere mortals we are extremely uncomfortable with death. The thought of our own mortality terrifies us. However, much as we try to hide from death its presence constantly overshadows us. Lately we have been bombarded...