That Cure All Medicine---Laughter!
I have written on this subject many times and I will continue to do so for I believe in it. In today's gloom and misery that is blaring from all around the world and in our lives, we all need some of this contagious medicine that can not be prescribed by any doctor.
Laughter is found in humans and in various animals. There are thousands of languages and hundred of thousands of dialects, but they all have laughter.
Laughter triggers healthy and physical changes in the body. Humor and laughter strengthens your immune system, boost energy and diminishes pain. It is good for your heart and brain, relaxes your muscles, relieves stress and improves your mood.
The following methods have never failed me when I needed them:
Yes, in the most difficult times in our lives we can still draw on those, events, people and our own surroundings. In every family we have had that one character that many times said or done something that embarrassed, or shocked everyone else. Yet, maybe right at the moment we didn't laugh about it---but later on, that incident brought us laughter or a simple grin that would turn into deep laughter.
My many friends that I have met here on the HUBS, know that our lovable character was Grandma! She and she alone brought us through many rough times with her antics long after she was gone. For those of you that have not met her---"It's Free-Take-it!" Grandma Your Busted!" is just an example of what a person can draw on to over come those bumps in the road and stress that you may cross over in today's world.
I believe if you can not laugh first at yourself then you you should not have the right to laugh at others. Now here I will attempt to give you some of my own examples, and or you might have had these same unexplained---mysteries?
1. You open the refrigerator to get the milk and there sits a big roll of paper towels and one time I distinctly remember the iron was sitting there right by the butter with it's cord wrapped neatly around it. Now being I am the only one here and the dog could not have reached that top shelf in the refrigerator---hum?
2. Walk half way up the stairs and stop and wonder why or what you were going to do when you got there?
3. Spend twenty minutes looking for your glasses and they are up on your head.
4. You drive to a store where you have been before and you always turned right at that Shell service station. Now! why did they move that station and put a Burger-King there or did they just move the damn store?
5. While trying to dial the hand held phone you find that the TV remote does not accomplish that feat.
6. When having lunch with three good friends, why could they not tell you that you have your shirt on wrong side out?
Yes, my friends whether you admit it or not we have done some weird laughable things and no it is not limited to just the elderly. Of course we have some pre-concepts that it is normal at aging and it is accepted and given us memories of humor and laughter. " Age Can Be Colorful.
I am 77 years young and I have never taken any medicines. My drug of choice is LAUGHTER.
by Ginn Navarre
♥ My lips have touched the salt of tears
♥ My lips have touched the clear cool waters
♥ My lips have touched the morning sun
♥ My lips have touched the smiles that were given
♥ My lips then parted to touch and hold the laughter that life has given.
• REMEMBER A DAY WITHOUT LAUGHTER IS A DAY WASTED: