The abc's of a well written article
1. Content - The first thing that a writer must consider is the content of the article that is about to be undertaken. People are looking for valuable information that they can actually take action on after reading it.
Don't try to copy someone else's style but develop your own because you are unique and there is no one else like you.Just as there are no two finger prints or voice prints the same, no one has your creativity.
With your in demand content, create a unique angle that captures the attention of your audience that allows you to have a conversation with them.
2. Don't engage in a boring conversation - Remember your article is a conversation between you and your audience and
no one wants to engage in a boring conversation. Grab the attention of your prospect by appealing to their
passion.Many times the writer will write for themselves and not for their potential audience, but this is a
mistake. Come up with questions that you think your audience may have and address them in the article. Remember
with a wide range of information on the web a writer must capture and hold a prospects attention in the beginning
or they will move on toward something else.
3. Benefits - What are the benefits for your potential audience? I was into sales for awhile and one of the most important tips for a sales person to close a sale was to list the benefits for the prospect.
A person clicks on an article because they feel that something of interest will benefit them in some way. Why else would they come to look at a specific article? If what they are looking for does not appeal to them in some way, they will leave.
Many times I have personally clicked on an interesting title only to find that the article did not live up to the title. For example in this article I have tried to cover the benefits that other writers can use by laying out in numeric order tips to follow. I am not a professional by far, but I have learned a great deal along the way and I continue to learn. I truly wish to help others.
Writing for your audience
4. Keep it simple - One of the quickest ways to turn your audience away is to write in such a way that they cannot understand.
Many times the writer knows what they are trying to convey but that does not mean the audience understands. A helpful tip is to get feedback from other writers and readers who may be able to point out mistakes if there are any.
Last but not least convey to your potential audience that you are on their side and not against them. You are their advocate called along side to help them understand their frustrations and disappointments as it relates to becoming a writer.
5 article writing tips
- Integrate key words into your your article for search engine optimization but do not write your article only with this in mind. Write your article with your audience in mind first and then sparingly integrate your key words.
- Start writing - Don't stare at your blank piece of paper but start writing because many ideas emerge out of just putting something on paper. Rewriting is writing and reworking what has been written until something emerges.
- Read read and read - Continue reading because the more you do you can learn grammar and punctuation , sentence structure and other important aspects of writing.
- Use surveys - Countless professional marketers use surveys to gain ideas for building their business, so why not use them for ideas when writing those up and coming award winning articles you are going to write (smile).
- Study your feedback - Study the feedback from your previous published work and find new angles from successful articles. For example if you get a good response on a certain topic, expand on that same topic. (IE drawing for beginners, how to draw animals, how to draw people, tips on landscape drawing, supplies needed for drawing, etc.)
Read more tips on writing
- The average writers 5 helpful tips
The Internet is filled with information from anything and everything one can imagine. People from all walks of life log on for many different reasons, for example some people may just love to read while...
More by this Author
Real love is not selfish but it is always giving: - By giving I do not mean only tangible resources, but the giving of oneself which includes time and attention. Time is more valuable than tangible things because you...
One of the Hebrew meanings for midnight is chatsoth which means middle of the night and during this special time God brought many fantastic things to pass. He is willing to do the same thing today...
The subject of finance as it relates to the church is a controversial subject to many people because of the misuse and abuse of it. And because of the abuse of it by some clergy, people have had a tendency to throw the...