Thesis Writing Dilemna
Dateline 1990s: My communications professor, Dra. Vicenta Gapas, told us to write our general statements for the topics that we will develop in our Thesis Writing. A college student will not be able to graduate if he/she cannot finish writing thesis.
She explained that the thesis statement will be the general idea of the thesis or dissertation. She organized us into groups (with minimum of 6 members) and made us discuss our topics.
Since, we are majoring in Development Communications, Dra. Gapas urged us to translate what we've learned from the academe into a usuable output for the people, especially the grassroot level or those who belong to poverty line of the Philippine society.
I was oblivious of this thing before, because I tend to concentrate more on working at the local radio station (my bread and butter then).
Now, I realized that I must go back to the university in order to finish my thesis and get my college diploma.
The interesting part is that she continue to encourage me via e-mails to finish my thesis. She promised those who will be back in the academe that she will personally guide us in this requirement. (Well, I thanked her for that).
(Note: This is my second entry on this week's HubMobWeekly Topic. My browser still cannot link to other hubs and articles. There's viruses attacking my netbook)
Thesis Help - Dissertation Help c/o ddsmithers
Books on Writing Thesis and Dissertation
Master Thesis Defense in Chicago c/o fabiodronero
Practical Guide on Thesis Writing
With the lectures I gained from Thesis Writing Subject in college and the personal researched I've made, there are stages that one can follow in order to enjoy accomplishing it.
- The THINKING Stage - This is the initial part on which a college student will organize topics that is relevant in any fields in the community, wherein the end-users will benefit from it, if ever it will be published or be known to public.
- The PROPOSAL - Focus should be taken into consideration. Organize your articles or photocopy relevant articles for future use. Remember that your subject will benefit from it. You should seek help from your professors and listen to their advises. It will greatly help for the presentation of your proposal.
- WRITING THE THESIS: There are procedures that you can follow for a more systematized writing stages.
- Begin writing with sections you knew best.
- Rewrite your proposal into dissertation section.
- Use real names and places in drafting your thesis/dissertation.
- Use hand drawings of the graphics or tables for early drafts.
- Make your writing clear to avoid error when you type it in the computer or typwriter.
- Review other dissertations before you begin to write.
- Introduce tables on your text and explain it.
- Use similar or parallel wording whenever possible.
- Let your Table of Contents improve your manuscripts.
- Write real conclusions and implications-but don't overstate it.
- Make your Suggestions for Further Research meaningful.
- Chapter One or Introduction should be written last.
4. THESIS/DISSERTATION DEFENSE
- Attend some defenses before it's your turn.
- Discuss your research with others.
- Don't circulate chapters to committee.
- The defense should be team effort - you and adviser.
- Don't be defensive at your defense.
- Organise your defense as an educational presentation.
- Consider tape recording or video recording your defense.
- Prepare an article on the outcome of your research.
Note: The defense committee is usually composed of three members with doctorate degree in the academe. Payments for their time hearing your defense are compulsary.
Knowledge Navigator - Thesis Writing Software c/o straylor
More by this Author
There are lots of argument as to who or what invention should make every Filipino proud. This hub is a tribute to Philippine scientists who fought for their recognition as some of their inventions were copied and...
The popularity of this Dan Brown's masterpiece never falters. You may read it at one setting and I will assure you that you'll be riveted on the suspense and thrills on the main characters outcome at the end of the...
It's a scary society. Effects of moral decay are everywhere.How can we live in a society that more than half of the population are committing immoral acts? Find out what are these I'm talking about.