USA Travel-Ten Things To Do In Texas
You don't just need your cowboy hat if you are travelling to Texas.There is plenty of the old west feel around in Texas , but there are many more attractions in the Lone Star State.
After savouring the full flavour of cowboy culture, you can relax in museums and parks as well as taking in the delights of Dallas.
Ten Must Do Things In Texas
- Visit the Stockyards District and marvel at the Fort Worth Herd, the twice daily cattle drive that gives you the authentic feel of the old west, then take in a drink at the White Elephant Saloon Bar and enjoy the live country music.
- Eat out at the Four Seasons' Cafe On The Green.Sumptuous Scallops can be washed down with Texan blonde beer Fireman's 4.
- Go and buy yourself a Stetson and watch one of the fantastic rodeo shows at the Cowtown Coliseum. you wil be dazzled by the round up skills of these modern day cowboys and their glamorous outfits.
- Have a night out at the Billy Bobs Honky Tonk, the largest of its kind in the world.Enjoy the buffalo wings as you drink and dance the night away.
5. Take in the magic at Mustangs At Las Colinas in Irving. Your breath will be taken away as here you will find the worlds largest equestrian sculpture.
6. Have your lunch at Big State Drug in Irving. This fifties style diner serves classic cheeseburgers and milkshakes to die for. There is also a working period soda. fountain.
7. Explore the Museum of Science and History, one of many interesting galleries and museums at Fort Worth.This brand new multi-million dollar complex is suitable for all ages, and has a planetarium and IMAX cinema.
8. Relax and wander around the stunningly beautiful wide open spaces of the Dallas Aboretum, home to a sixty six acre botanical garden. Enjoy the beauty of the lush green lawns and the striking lakeside views.
9. Make your shopping trip a cultural visit at the Dallas Northpark Centre. The mall is full of well known boutiques and stores as well as an impressive array of art.
10. Visit the Sixth Floor Museum at Dealey Plaza, one of many interesting museums to be found in Dallas. Here you can find all you need to know about John F Kennedy and his assassination by Lee Harvey Oswald in 1963.
More by this Author
Here are many great snooker quotes from the great players.Champions Steve Davis Ronnie O'Sullivan and Alex Higgins.
A little pale in the face, but then his name is White. From the mouth of Ted Lowe, one of snookers greatest commentators Read theTop Twenty Best Snooker Quotes- The Commentators.
Alex Higgins was a snooker legend. To his fans he will always be remembered as the peoples champion. Her are a few things the world of snooker have said about Alex Higgins.
No comments yet.