Wedding Quotes and Fun Facts
"The real act of marriage takes place in the heart, not in the ballroom or church or synagogue. It's a choice you make / not just on your wedding day, but over and over again / and that choice is reflected in the way you treat your husband or wife." ~ Barbara De Angelis ~
Honor, riches, marriage-blessing
Long continuance, and increasing,
Hourly joys be still upon you!
To have and to hold from this day forward, for better or worse, for richer for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish to death do us part.
~ Book of Common Prayer ~
How sweet is the assurance, how comforting is the peace that come from the knowledge that if we marry right and live right, our relationship will continue, notwithstanding the certainty of death and the passage of time.
~ Gordon B. Hinckley ~
Two such as you with such a master speed cannot be parted nor be swept away from one another once you are agreed that life is only life forevermore together wing to wing and oar to oar.
~ Robert Frost ~
To keep your marriage brimming, with love in the wedding cup, whenever you're wrong, admit it; whenever you're right, shut up.
~ Ogden Nash ~
If we must lose wife or husband when we live to our highest right, we lose an unhappy marriage as well, and we gain ourselves. But if a marriage is born between two already self-discovered, what a lovely adventure begins, hurricanes and all.
~ Richard Bach ~
“I dreamed of a wedding of elaborate elegance,
A church filled with family and friends.
I asked him what kind of a wedding he wished for,
He said one that would make me his wife.”
~ Unknown Author ~
In marriage, everyday you love, and everyday you forgive. It is an ongoing sacrament, love and forgiveness.
~ Bill Moyers ~
“This day I will marry my friend, the one I laugh with, live for, dream with, love.”
~ Unknown Author ~
My heart to you is given:
Oh, do give yours to me;
We'll lock them up together,
And throw away the key.
~ Frederick Saunders ~
Successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person.
~ German Greer ~
two halves of the same soul
joining together in lifes journey
~ Author Unknown ~
How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
I love thee to the depth and breadth and height
My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
For the ends of Being and ideal Grace.
~ Elizabeth Barrett Browning ~
Two souls with but a single thought, Two hearts that beat as one.
~ Friedrich Halm ~
Wedding Fun Facts and Trivia
- 74% of all brides receive a diamond engagement ring. Of those, 60% are involved in picking out their ring, while 3% actually pick it themselves.
- It is believed that writing your new name before you get married will cause bad luck during the marriage.
- There should be at least three knots in the ribbons of a bridal bouquet, to represent husband, wife and child.
- The groom carries the bride across the threshold to bravely protect her from evil spirits lurking below.
- The first wedding toast should be made to the bride.
Eighty percent of brides have a formal weddings.
- 20% of the men proposing do it on one knee.
- The average length of an engagement these days is 6 months.
In Pennsylvania, ministers are forbidden by law from performing marriages if either the bride or groom is drunk.
- An average of 1.5 million brides say "I Do" each year.
- In earlier years, brides placed their bouquets at grave sites in the cemetery, in remembrance of family members who had "passed on."
- Bridal showers were meant to strengthen the ties between the bride and her friends, provide her moral support, and help her prepare for her marriage. Gift giving at showers dates from the 1890's
- The oldest recorded bride was Minnie Munro, who got hitched at 102 years of age.
- Most brides have four bridesmaids, including the maid of honor. Sixty-two percent have a flower girl and fifty-six percent have a ring bearer.
Richard and Carole Roble, a pair of New Yorkers, have taken their vows 55 times. To add variety they have had ceremonies in different locations, including all 50 states.
The Best Is Yet To Be
On your joyful wedding day,
You begin a brand new life.
Friends and family give their gifts
To joyful husband, blissful wife. But the greatest gift you'll ever get,
A gift from heaven above,
Is love forever, ending never,
Everlasting love. You'll share life's joy and pleasure;
You'll have plenty of that, it's true.
But love is the real treasure
For your new spouse and you. And if life hands you challenges,
As it does to one and all,
Your love will hold you steady
And never let you fall. Your wedding day is full of joy;
Tomorrow you cannot see.
But one thing's sure for the two of you:
The best is yet to be.
Other Wedding Hubs by KoffeeKlatch Gals
- Where to buy a lace bridal gown online
It is said that more time and thought is put into picking out just the right wedding dress than anything else you do to ensure that that one day turns out perfect. You wedding day will most likely be...
- Maid of Honor Duties, Gowns, and Gifts
The duties are Maid of Honor is possibly the most demanding of all involved in the wedding, except, of course, the bride's duties. The Maid of Honor is the right hand of the bride. She will depend heavily on...
- Wedding Etiquette-Who Pays For What?
One of the first things that you need to do when planning a wedding is set out the ground rules as to sho pays for what. Traditionally the brides family carried the bulk of the responsibilty of paying for...
- Buying Wedding Invitations Online
Popular wedding collections: Signature Collection - printed on eco friendly paper that is custom made in Italy. Signature Matte - painted on heavy white card stock. Signature Textured - white and...
- Buying a Wedding Gown Online
The most romantic day of your entire life is your Wedding Day. All the planning and dreaming, and sleepless nights will be worth it when you walk down the aisle. No matter how stressed and over worked you...
- Finding a Wedding Gown for a Relaxed Informal Wedding
Your wedding day is the most important day of your life. The time and money spent on making this all important day special is unbelievable. With the economy the way it is many people are scaling back on the...
More by this Author
Baby showers are fun and full of promise. A special gift at this time is especially appreciated.
Remember that special aunt or uncle that always showed how much they cared? Now you can show them how much you care by sending them a loving quote.
The Supreme Court of the U.S. met for the first time on February 1, 1790. Abraham Lincoln was born on February 12, 1809. Super Bowl XLIV will be held February 6th at the Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas. On...