Writing on Hubpages and Triond – The Comparisons
I started writing for Triond in August 2010 and I enjoy it there – Ofcourse Hubpages is still my favourite. (i'm winking) To date, as at October 2010. I have published over 50 articles. My Profile is: LadyElena
So what is different b/w these two Writing sites?
Both Writing sites have a friendly community and you can customize your home page with nice Widgets.
1) Writing – On Triond you don’t have to write long articles. Infact, if your article is only 100 words, it will still be published and there are no bans on specific words. On Hubpages, there are certain words that are no longer acceptable/advisable to use for Hubs. (something due to complying with Google)
2) Comments – People leave comments. However, unlike Hupbages, when you leave a comment, you can’t edit if you make a mistake. So, I’ve learnt to press one key at a time, unlike on Hubpages where I type on “Fast Forward” and edit a comment 5 times!
- Newbies - Kick Start to Success on Hubpages
A Newbies simple guide - giving a good, practical Kick Start to making success on HP. November 09.
3) Adsense – Adsense on Triond seems to be higher because the Ads literally cover the page of your articles. I’ve been able to verify this via adsense reports too. In addition, you get paid for page views unlike HP that you get paid for Adsense / Amazon. Your page view earnings are also shown daily on your Triond dashboard.
4) Publishing – Hubpages have have an edge over Triond, in that you can publish when you want. Triond have to approve your article but it doesn’t take long. (I must emphasise here that they don’t act as Grammar Police, what they do is they have to give it a link and a site. Triond publishes on so many websites. (see below). So, example: if your article is about food. It will be published on Notebook (a food website). If it’s about health, it will be published on Healthmad (a health website) and they will email you the link or it will be shown when it’s published on your Dashboard. For Editing – you can’t edit as you please. You have to submit anything you wish to edit and they will edit it.
Triond will Publish your Articles on any of these Websites
5) Photos – you can publish photos only, if you wish and still earn on page views and Adsense.
In a Nutshell, I think it’s worthwile writing on another site. As I have received my first payment via paypal, I am assured that it’s a genuine site. There are some Hubbers there too. If you are thinking of increasing your earnings, it would be a good idea to join, but do keep your Hubpages account going. (If you have one) Both Hubpages and Triond have their positive points and are good platforms for writing.
To Join Click Here: TRIOND
Update Jan 2012
Pay - When I wrote this article, Hubpages had not yet introduced the Ad Program. Earnings on Hubpages are much higher than on Triond. (that's if you join the Hubages Ad Program) However, that should not put you off writing for Triond. Every little helps.
- Writing Online Who wants to make money online now?
You can and will definitely make money online but, dont expect a substantial amount immediately. Useful Tips to building an income online.
- Earning Money online from my Hobby 50 Tips (Pt 1)
How I am earning Money through a Hobby without any Cost. Also sharing 50 Tips that have helped me along the way. September 2009.