Wytegarillaz ASK What is a kindle ?
Another new item in our lives
I had heard of kindle as a child, small bits of wood to light the fire with but thats all i knew about kindle.
It is a new word in my life like the first time we saw a video recorder
microwave ( was bit nervous first time I saw one at 18 !!)
Automatic washing machine
remote control tv
and other items that have come into our lives.
I have never seen or touched a kindle ,just seen pictures of them so far so I will learn about them.
Learning about a kindle
So it looks like a reading device you can read e books on
This is what I found when I looked up What is a Kindle ? on Google
Definitions of kindle on the Web:
- catch fire; "The dried grass of the prairie kindled, spreading the flames for miles"
- cause to start burning; "The setting sun kindled the sky with oranges and reds"
- arouse: call forth (emotions, feelings, and responses); "arouse pity"; "raise a smile"; "evoke sympathy"
- Amazon Kindle is a software and hardware platform developed by Amazon.com subsidiary Lab126 for rendering and displaying e-books and other digital media. Three hardware devices, known as "Kindle," "Kindle 2," and "Kindle DX" support this platform. ...
- A collective term for a group of kittens; To start (a fire) or light (a torch); To arouse or inspire (a passion, etc)
- kindled - ignited: set afire; "the ignited paper"; "a kindled fire"
- kindling - material for starting a fire
- kindling - ignition: the act of setting something on fire
- So there are a few meanings for kindle !
Choosing a kindle
There are many diferent types to choose from so it pays to do a comparrison check so as to choose one to suit your needs .
The Kindle is the no 1 selling product in Amazon at the moment and they have a large choice to choose from.
If you read a lot of books; or travel a lot and want to carry a Kindle 2 reader along instead of lots of books; OR
Commute daily for work and want to either read while on a train, bus, etc or listen to books whilein your car, truck etc or The combination of features appeals to you then a kindle 2 is ideal
- All-New, High-Contrast E-Ink Screen – 50% better contrast than any other e-reader
- Read in Bright Sunlight – No glare
- New and Improved Fonts – New crisper, darker fonts
- New Sleek Design – 21% smaller body while keeping the same 6" size reading area
- 15% Lighter – Only 8.7 ounces, weighs less than a paperback
- Battery Life of One Month – A single charge lasts up to one month with wireless off
- Double the Storage – Up to 3,500 Books
- Books in 60 Seconds – Download books anytime, anywhere
- Free 3G Wireless – No monthly payments, no annual contracts
- Built-In Wi-Fi – In addition to the 3G wireless, you can connect to Wi-Fi hotspots
- 20% Faster Page Turns – Seamless reading
- Enhanced PDF Reader – With dictionary lookup, notes, and highlights
- New WebKit-Based Browser – Free 3G web browsing (experimental)
Kindle at a GlanceNew, High-Contrast E-Ink Screen
50% better contrast than any other e-reader. The clearest text and sharpest images.
Read in Bright Sunlight
Unlike LCD screens, Kindle's screen reads like real paper, with no glare. Read as easily in bright sunlight as in your living room.
Lighter Than a Paperback
At only 8.7 ounces and 1/3 of an inch thin, Kindle is lighter than a paperback and thinner than a magazine.
Holds 3,500 Books
We doubled Kindle's storage so you can carry up to 3,500 books.
Battery Life of Up to One Month
A single charge lasts up to one month with wireless off. Keep wireless always on and go for up to 10 days without recharging.
Free 3G Wireless
No annual contracts, no monthly fees. Download books anytime, anywhere.
Global 3G Coverage
Travel the globe and still get books in under 60 seconds with wireless coverage in over 100 countries and territories.
Connect to Wi-Fi hotspots at home or on the road. Includes free Wi-Fi access at AT&T hotspots across the U.S.
Quieter Page Turn Buttons
Quieter page turning means you won't disturb your partner when you want to read all night.
Share Meaningful Passages
Share meaningful passages with friends and family with built-in Twitter and Facebook integration.
Simple to Use
Kindle is ready to use right out of the box - no setup, no software to install, no computer required. Books in 60 Seconds
With fast, free wireless delivery, you can start reading books in less than 60 seconds. No computer required.
Over 630,000 books, including 109 of 111 New York
kaltopsyd 8 months ago
I really want a Kindle so this Hub is of great use... now if only I can collect enough money to buy it.
Paradise7 7 months ago
I have to say it, I like reading books the old-fashioned way!
aware 5 months ago
I do not read many product Information hubs.Not interested is my standard tendency. But the way you got your foot in the door, so to speak.Is the really cool way you used the childhood story , kindle and fire to spark interest in a device i wasn't in the market for.
They owe you a advertisement fee i feel.
cus you just sold me and made them a sale.
Very good hub