BraidedZero profile image 84

Why do most people have a complete disregard for proper grammar?

I have found that so many people will publish articles without reading over them first for errors. Or maybe they just don't care. Why is it that most people now have no regard for proper grammar? They don't know how to use it and they don't care enough to learn...

ithabise profile image91

Michael S. (ithabise) says

• BraidedZero profile image

James Robertson (BraidedZero) 4 years ago

True. I guess saying "most" was a little irrational. It just seems to be that way sometimes.

RTalloni profile image86

RTalloni says

readwriteteach profile image60

readwriteteach says

• BraidedZero profile image

That's a good way of looking at it. I can't follow someone's paper with a whole bunch of grammatical error. You could have an amazing point, but if you don't sound intelligent in the way you present it, people will overlook it.

0

ivade says

• ithabise profile image

Michael S. (ithabise) 4 years ago

Very cogent. I envy your knowing five languages. I wish I knew two! But for the three I can use fairly well or often, I understand what confusing them is like. Great answer!

nightwork4 profile image60

nightwork4 says

• BraidedZero profile image

That's a good point! I guess what some people view as important, others don't. My only argument is that if you're writing for the world to see, make it acceptable. It only looks bad on you.

p.s. I actually use to build houses with my Dad!!