Tina Glasneck profile image 66

Series v. Stand Alone Book

I am an author contemplating developing a series based on a character in my first book, THOU SHALL NOT. I personally love a great series, but I've heard of people not liking them because it is a continuous story instead of one complete ending. With that in mind, I wanted to ask your opinion. Do you prefer a stand alone book or a series?

hubsy profile image93

Best Answer hubsy says

Jenn-Anne profile image91

Jenn-Anne says

• Tina Glasneck profile image

Tina Glasneck 4 years ago

Thanks! Between books in a series, readers usually have to wait at least a year for the next installment. I agree with you that the material and storyline have to then warrant an additional story and not just be a stretching of a thin plot.

Georgie Lowery profile image95

Georgianna Lowery (Georgie Lowery) says

• Tina Glasneck profile image

Tina Glasneck 4 years ago

Thanks. I think you are correct and it depends on the quality of the story and should not rest on the quantity of books in a series.

Veroniquebee profile image82

Veroniquebee says

• Tina Glasneck profile image

Tina Glasneck 4 years ago

Thank you for your answer. I think the hardest part is determining the number and making sure that each book has a purpose in the entire story.