Don Bobbitt profile image 92

Where did our WRITERS go? I look at the list presented to me and I just see a lot of SOS!

Let me explain. I am follwoing over 800 people. Normally, I can scan through the presented works and pull out several well-written and actually interesting articles to enjoy. At petty much any time. Right now, if I don's want to cook anyhting or read a poorly copied discourse on a foreign city or resort, the pciking are pretty slim. I often have to dig through my favorite writers stuff to find anything really good. And, PLEASE, Do Not Tell me to use the Hub Hopper! Yech! So, Where did the Writers Go?

DzyMsLizzy profile image90

Best Answer Liz Elias (DzyMsLizzy) says

• Don Bobbitt profile image

Don Bobbitt 3 years ago

DzyMsLizzy- A Well made point. HP is a profit making org, and they are going to continue to take their cut and be profitable.

And, sad to say, I have searched and tested a number of the other sites and they are no where as good as HP.

Don

Elderberry Arts profile image96

Claire (Elderberry Arts) says

• ketage profile image

ketage 3 years ago

I would love to make writing my full time job, I really did not know you can get paid £ 40 per article. I just started writing on the net a little more then a month ago. So far it has been mostly for fun. But if there is money to be made, Great :)

ladydeonne profile image87

Deonne Anderson (ladydeonne) says

• Lisa HW profile image

Lisa HW 3 years ago

LOL (your remark). They're scattering, but keep in mind that many signed up with "the old HP", which then turned into "the newer HP". If you liked what you saw when you joined more recently - different thing for you than for a lot of " oldies"

Becky Katz profile image85

Becky Katz says

Goody5 profile image83

Goody5 says

• Don Bobbitt profile image

Don Bobbitt 3 years ago

goddy5- Very disturbing data for the restof us if this trend continues. From my perspective, if HP is going to take most ofthe money, then they are not doing their job!

DON

MarieAlana1 profile image83

Marie Alana (MarieAlana1) says

• Don Bobbitt profile image

Don Bobbitt 3 years ago

Marie, It is never a matter of what the topic is, rather it is a matter of it being an interesting Hub, that is well written and entertaining to me and others.

theluckywriter profile image88

Stephanie (theluckywriter) says

• Don Bobbitt profile image

Don Bobbitt 3 years ago

Well Said, th luckywriter, wel said.

That is the way I started out myself. But, as I mentioned, HP seems to be pushing my creative works down and my commercial stuff up.

I never expected to "make big bucks" but it seems to be the big goals here now.

0

• leann2800 3 years ago

I am not blanketing the writers. There are quality writers on Hubpages. I blanket the corporation that makes millions off of the writers and pays pennies. Why shouldn't many leave just like Don has pointed out? They do, they are.

0

leann2800 says

ahorseback profile image48

ahorseback says

• Don Bobbitt profile image

Don Bobbitt 3 years ago

ahorseback- Life? It is Good1as the t-shirts say! It is the Crap thrust at me that is boring!.

Don Bobbitt profile image92

Don Bobbitt says