Laura Schneider profile image 93

How long have you been writing seriously?

Not writing for grade school or a journal, but writing your own content whether for publication on HubPages or other online venues or for print publication or for some other serious purpose on a regular basis.

Chris Qu profile image95

Chris Qu says

• Laura Schneider profile image

Laura Schneider 3 years ago

Chris Qu, don't over-think it: you had to learn. Your earlier works were simply part of that process. We all go through it if we stick with writing (or anything) long enough. Accept your earlier works and be proud of your progress since then. :-)

milleramanda53 profile image82

milleramanda53 says

• Laura Schneider profile image

Laura Schneider 3 years ago

WOW! I'm always blown away by someone who can write a book. I'm a tech writer, so I've written a few hundred manuals, but nothing fiction aside from short stories. Four years + 4 PUBLISHED books--"you go" milleramanda53! You're inspiring to us all!

• Laura Schneider profile image

Laura Schneider 3 years ago

WOW!! An inspiration to all of us (at least to me)! You're smiling in your picture, so life as a writer must be pretty good. As a professional tech writer, I share your smile--get paid doing what we love. I have to look up your other works! Cheers!

60

DMSTYLES says

• Laura Schneider profile image

Laura Schneider 3 years ago

Excellent! And you've already got a score of 77--sounds like you're a natural to me, DMSTYLES. Don't get discouraged if you trip and fall on a given piece, (my advice for "new" writers): we dinosaurs turn out just as many losers. :-) Cheers!

kj force profile image77

kjforce (kj force) says

• Laura Schneider profile image

Laura Schneider 3 years ago

kj force, if you touch even ONE life in a positive way, you are a hero in my mind. "letting others know they are not alone in this world" is such a positive thing that I'm sure you've touched even more than you realize. Thank you for your good works!

jabelufiroz profile image78

Firoz (jabelufiroz) says

• Laura Schneider profile image

Laura Schneider 3 years ago

I think most of us on HubPages enjoy writing and find it relaxing--you've hit the nail on the head, so to speak. It also helps me to relax and "escape the reality for a short while"--great line! Thanks for sharing your comments, jabelufiroz!

wisdom25 profile image77

Maurice Wisdom Bishop (wisdom25) says

• Laura Schneider profile image

Laura Schneider 3 years ago

wisdom25, "only" 6 years gave me a chuckle; and, poetry counts as serious writing! Best of luck on your upcoming years of writing. I hope you never tire of it because you're obviously a versatile writer with a wide background. That's cool!

MPG Narratives profile image60

Marie Giunta (MPG Narratives) says

• Laura Schneider profile image

Laura Schneider 3 years ago

I think many of us share your sentiments, "without writing I don't know what I would do." and "I've enjoyed every minute". Thanks for inspiring use, MPG Narratives! It's always nice to hear that one can do the same thing for years and not get bored.

DDE profile image60

Devika Primić (DDE) says

• Laura Schneider profile image

Laura Schneider 3 years ago

Hi DDE! I know what you mean--HubPages almost pulls the great writer out of the inside of all of us. We're a helpful and intelligent bunch of diverse personalities and topics, and the feedback is so helpful! I've learned a lot here! Cheers!

0

• Laura Schneider profile image

Laura Schneider 3 years ago

I'm totally jealous that you write novels! I love what you said about writing for HubPages--about the people and format and everything. I feel the same way. Cheers! Best of luck in all of your writing endeavors!