Twilight Lawns profile image 83

Why do HP insist on submerging writing of prose & poetry, and not let work stand on its own merits?

What is it with the HubPolice that a poem (for example) needs a singing and dancing description of the contents of the Hub with lots of lovely pictures and videos and tables and quizzes and all the rest of that padding when HubPages is supposed to be a site for the sharing and exposure of writing, written creativity and writing skills?

brblog profile image91

Best Answer Bruce (brblog) says

• Twilight Lawns profile image

Twilight Lawns 3 years ago

M. T. Dremer, a rather bleak response from you but I feel you may be right. But what is the point in keeping HubPages alive and functioning when one has joined to share and to show off one’s writing- whether good or bad. They may make their money f

Cardisa profile image90

Carolee Samuda (Cardisa) says

• PoeticFailosophy profile image

Diana F. King-Fyre :: DECEASED, 1962-2014, Rest in Peace (PoeticFailosophy) 3 years ago

Amen sister.

kallini2010 profile image88

kallini2010 says

• Nellieanna profile image

Nellieanna Hay (Nellieanna) 3 years ago

As always, Svetlana - you are witty, concise (in your own inimitable way) and a genuine pleasure to read and to know! I love and miss you!

Sinbadsailorman profile image53

Donald Beres Jr (Sinbadsailorman) says

• Twilight Lawns profile image

Twilight Lawns 3 years ago

sinbadsailorman, thank you for your wonderfully insane and descriptive comment.

You are so right. In my foolish way, I thought that HubPages was a literary site created for writers, poets and those of an artistic bent, but maybe I was wrong. The

Twilight Lawns profile image83

Twilight Lawns says

• brblog profile image

Bruce (brblog) 3 years ago

Hub Pages believes they have to do what they do to stay in good graces with Google (after the Panda release – the Hub platform was severally penalized by that release). Unfortunately, there is no magic bullet so Hubbers often suffer the consequences.

PoeticFailosophy profile image59

Diana F. King-Fyre :: DECEASED, 1962-2014, Rest in Peace (PoeticFailosophy) says

• Twilight Lawns profile image

Twilight Lawns 3 years ago

Couldn’t you have tried a little harder to be offensive, PoeticFailosophy? I am not one of those persons who just like to find things to be upset about; I just feel that greed & lack of respect for attempts at creativity to be somewhat pitiable