Say Yes To Life profile image 84

I've just self-published a facts-of-life book for teens. How do I promote it?

The book, "Wage Peace Between the Sexes", comes in two versions: "Sugar Version", which discusses social issues, birth control, STDs, and finances, and "Spice Version", which has an additional chapter on sex. Several people have warned me not to take it directly to schools, since it could jeopardize my substitute teaching job. A local bookstore agreed to stock a few copies. How can I let parents know it's available, so they can buy it there?

• Stargrrl 22 months ago

You might want to try to get it sold on Amazon. I got one of my "books" sold on there. Amazon will sell it.

Kathleen Cochran profile image84

Kathleen Cochran says

• Say Yes To Life profile image

Yoleen Lucas (Say Yes To Life) 22 months ago

Thanks, I'll try that! I have them in Kindle version as well.

Say Yes To Life profile image84

Yoleen Lucas (Say Yes To Life) says

• manatita44 profile image

manatita44 22 months ago

You seem to want parents to read it, in which case then, why would you think it controversial for the school? They would think of parents first and children afterwards. So if it's good for parents, then it should be good for the children.

• Say Yes To Life profile image

Thanks, peachpurple. The book is available on Amazon and CreateSpace. One book shop is interested in it, so I've ordered a couple copies of both. Now I need to let people know it's available! One private school, where I don't work, showed interest.

0

Stargrrl says

• Say Yes To Life profile image

Thanks for your answer! Maybe I can still take it to a real publisher. I admit, I didn't even try that, feeling too intimidated.