Billie Kelpin profile image 88

Have you heard of NaNoWriMo? Are you participating?

The silly sounding acronym is short for National Novel Writing Month. It's a commitment to write 50,000 words in November.As I write this, it's Nov. 2, so that requires writing about 1800 words a day. It isn't a contest per se, just a commitment on the website. I've told my friends I'm doing it and got off of Facebook til Dec I'm going to try to redo some of my short stories that have the same theme and incorporate them into the novel. My friend explained that looking at it like a marathon was helpful to her. I imagine one could challenge himself or herself to 50,000 words of hubs as well

• Billie Kelpin profile image

Billie Kelpin 14 months ago

Tim, I KNOW I wasn't ready to start a novel, but I have one chapter done. I love the statistics there-shows you how many words you have to do to reach the goal based on what you've done. I now have to do 1785 everyday! There's still time to jump in

MizBejabbers says

• Billie Kelpin profile image

Billie Kelpin 14 months ago

MizB, Thanks!.After getting one chapter finished, I realize that I would never have done that without this outer "push". I'm afraid to read "The Mermaids Sister" b/c I just picked up Nora Efron's Heartburn in my same genre- totally intimidated me:)