jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

Coming to the experts for advice.

1. MichaelJohnMele profile image53
    MichaelJohnMeleposted 4 years ago

I love writing, I enjoy being heard and hearing what others have to say and hopefully (God willing) one day someone will stumble upon my writings and enjoy them enough to give me a chance at making a career out of it.

I was just wondering, what is one to do...how do you get more exposure in the writing business? I've tried Twitter, Facebook and many other similar sites with little to no avail.

I'm fairly new to this world, so I'm turning to the experts for advice. Any advice, any suggestions and/or comments?

2. Dame Scribe profile image61
    Dame Scribeposted 4 years ago

I'm no expert but I hear 'mechanical turk' on amazon has helped. I would suggest you checking out writing forums also --> writers digest, authors associations, etc. Just some thoughts and am sure others will have better suggestions. smile

1. MichaelJohnMele profile image53
      MichaelJohnMeleposted 4 years ago in reply to this

@Dame Scribe thank you so much for the information, I will look into it.

3. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 4 years ago

Keywords. What will people Google to find your writing?

4. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image93
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 4 years ago

WryLit is right - if your titles and subheads are search terms, your traffic will grow.  Good luck here on the site!

5. MichaelJohnMele profile image53
    MichaelJohnMeleposted 4 years ago

Thank you everyone for the advice/information...I really appreciate it.

6. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

In my opinion you make a 'career' of writing by submitting your work to paying markets.  I am about 25% there myself.  You can find markets at sites like Duotrope.com

7. lovebuglena profile image91
    lovebuglenaposted 4 years ago

If you are a writer try joining AuthorsDen.com - It's a great site for sharing your work and it gives you (your page on authorsden) and your work lots of traffic. You can even join writing.com as it's also a great site for sharing your work. There are free memberships but you might have to splurge a little and get higher memberships as more benefits with those.