jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (11 posts)

Why we are Known as Writers?

1. jainismus profile image79
    jainismusposted 4 years ago

We do not write, we press the keys on the keyboard. Actually we are Pressers, and we were typists before some years. Then why we are known as writers?

1. paradigmsearch profile image91
      paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago in reply to this

A. We decide what keys to press.

B. We get paid for it.

2. Thelma Alberts profile image82
      Thelma Albertsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Oh! I have not thought about it. That´s very interesting. I´m a Presser! LOL!!!!

3. Tusitala Tom profile image90
      Tusitala Tomposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Why.  I thought you realized.  Pens (good quills actually) came well before typewriters or electronic keyboards. Oh, and pens had nibs in those days, not balls...

2. Len Cannon profile image89
    Len Cannonposted 4 years ago

woah man

3. Shanna11 profile image91
    Shanna11posted 4 years ago

I swear I've seen you make this same thread before...
    Maybe I'm just crazy.

4. Ddraigcoch profile image82
    Ddraigcochposted 4 years ago

Don't put a label on me man, I'm just me!!

5. Ladybird33 profile image70
    Ladybird33posted 4 years ago

You can call yourself a typist, but I am a writer and author....it's all in what you believe that you are. The power of self believe is awesome (maybe try it).

6. 0
    Arlene V. Pomaposted 4 years ago

Don't insult me.  I take it you have never worked "The Pool" and been around the bitches.  Is this supposed to be one of your "funny" questions?  Well, as usual, it's not working.

7. MizBejabbers profile image90
    MizBejabbersposted 4 years ago

We are known as "writers" because for years our ancestors handwrote the written word. Now we are even losing our penmanship and schools are stopping the teaching of cursive. (Big mistake, what if a holocause takes out all the power. Hope they can find someone who writes to record history on the backs of soup can labels.) Maybe someday someone will come up with a new terminology for us, but in the meantime I'm happy to be called a "writer", or an "editor", or anything that gets me to supper on time.

8. 60
    Nataliyabposted 4 years ago

We chose to type some do I prefer to write from the heart on things I hold close and dear I write poems some may say they cry reading them but tis not sympathy nor charity I want just to write of loved ones is acknowledgement to me to show them I still care and love them x I also write for people who ask me to do them a poem I enjoy it and love making others happy thank you for reading this I'm a newbie good luck and god bless in all u do xxx