jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Poetry on HubPages

1. 0
    FreyaKraftposted 4 years ago

I have just joined. I often write poetry and would like to interact with others who share this interest. I am looking for a publisher for the English poems I have written for the last few years. All feedback is welcome.

2. Tusitala Tom profile image89
    Tusitala Tomposted 4 years ago

Welcome to Hubpages.   I hope you do succeed in getting your poems read - published even!   I don't wish to dampen your enthusiasm but I doubt you get a lot of hits on your poems on Hubpages.   I've placed a few poems but they don't pull in many readers.   It might be better to find a site that tends to specialize in poetry.   Sorry, I don't know of one, but if you search around there probably is one.

Best of luck.

1. 0
      FreyaKraftposted 4 years ago in reply to this

3. tussin profile image60
    tussinposted 4 years ago

Posting creative writing on Hubpages is not the same as getting "published" in the true sense of the word.  It's not like there's an editor here who reads submissions and allows only the best poems to be posted. 

Of course, you already knew that.

4. 2uesday profile image91
    2uesdayposted 4 years ago

I would say -and this is based on my own observations of the hubs I have published here - if you are mixing poetry with other topics keep a watch that the poetry does not bring down the traffic to the rest of your pages. 

I had more poems on here but moved some and just left the ten most visited ones.

Have you considered having a Blogger blog but buying the domain name and letting Blogger host it?
    That way you can use the layouts they have there and adjust them to suit your style. You can also name the site without having Blogger as part of the URL.