jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

gaining traffic...

1. SMonaghan119 profile image80
    SMonaghan119posted 4 years ago

whats the best way to gain new followers and commentary?  I am still fairly new to the hubpages,  I am primarily a poet, but I also do other forms of writing as well...but any form of advice here would be great...thank you

2. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 4 years ago

Creative writing doesn't generally make good money online. Serious traffic comes from Google, and it's hard to get Google traffic to a poem without lots of work.

Maybe have a look at some of the more successful hubs on Hubpages for an idea of what works.

SMonaghan119posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Could you give me an example of what works well?  I'm open to trying any form of writing...I feel capable of it just need to know what kind of writing this is.

1. WryLilt profile image88
        WryLiltposted 4 years ago in reply to this

How to guides, information ... Answers to questions people type into Google. Evergreen content (avoid news and short trends.) avoid saturated topics like weight loss or how to make money from home.

SMonaghan119posted 4 years ago in reply to this

thank you sir it's appreciated.

2. mmorpglover profile image73
        mmorpgloverposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Go to google and put in some keywords about books.Scroll down to the bottom and you will see related searches. These are what people are looking for. To give you an example, I looked at what the search for "fantasy books for children" gave me and at the bottom is a good idea for a Hub - "fantasy books for 4th graders."

working