jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Think and Grow Rich review

1. soconfident profile image79
    soconfidentposted 4 years ago

Someone refered the book Think and Grow Rich by Rich Napoleon to me. Once I read this book I felt as if I could do anything though faith, persistence and hard work. Has anyone else read this book. Please share with me your thoughts.

1. samnashy profile image82
      samnashyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I have read this book and many similar since.  This one stands out as one of the best.  It certainly is uplifting and also very believable. 
      My struggle is with defining and sticking to a plan, basically I'm not yet organised, however I'm still a believer that anything is possible, with  persistence, absolute belief and a desire.
      Mike Dooley also writes some good books, that are easy readers, but have some great information.

soconfidentposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I'm working on sticking to plan as well, but it is a uplifting book. What other books have you read?

2. assignmentswiz profile image61
      assignmentswizposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Napoleon is brilliantly honest.  No emotional wish-washing. He knows that the world respects money and he tells you how to get it in a dry unemotional manner. By the way Napoleon collaborated in some work with another brilliant writer, Earl Nightingale of the ESSENCE OF SUCCESS. If haven't read that one, I suggest you find it and read it immidietly.

Once many self-help books have been read one notices that they start repeating themselves and that is what, I think, sets books like Think and grow rich apart.

Thanks for the reference I'll check it out

2. Tusitala Tom profile image89
    Tusitala Tomposted 4 years ago

I read this book many years ago.  It was in many ways a 'first of its kind.'   What I did notice at that time, when I started to utilize it's teachings, that a lot of my normal 'peace of mind' dropped away.  It's impossible to build a 'burning desire' for something without it starting to take over.  In the end I decided not to continue on for I found a lot of the ideas I got for 'getting rich,' were not conducive to my values at that time.

Today there are many books on the subject, a lot of them based on the works of Wallace D Wattles earlier work, The Science of Getting Rich, written in around 1900.   The best selling, The Secret is virtually all Wattles.   Lots go for this sort of thing.  Few make it.

Good luck to you if you really want to pursue the idea of getting rich.

For me it helps me keep a positve state of mind which is more important than just getting rich.By staying positive you will be able to reach your goals.

3. 0
    jomineposted 4 years ago

It certainly provide the confidence we need to get through difficult situations of life or pursue our goals.
    But always remember, the success stories are from people who tried and succeeded, not the majority who tried and failed, a bias.