jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (20 posts)

NaNoWriMo 2012

1. buckleupdorothy profile image94
    buckleupdorothyposted 4 years ago

Is anyone here doing NaNoWriMo this year?

I've just registered: http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participant … eupdorothy

1. 0
      Sarra Garrettposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I am.  See you there.

buckleupdorothyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Awesome, Sarra! Time to whip out the coffee habit, eh?

1. 0
          Sarra Garrettposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You bet ya!  I hope I can do it.  I have the story I want but having a hard time with the title.  lol

2. LABrashear profile image60
      LABrashearposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I have unofficially done it the last couple of years.  I'm signed up on the site and going to be publicly accountable.  I look forward to watching everyone's progress!

2. 83
    ElleBeeposted 4 years ago

I haven't decided yet. I have done it (neer succesfully) the last two years.  I don't really have any creative new ideas this year though, so I'm kind of thinking I might just focus my efforts on writing here on hubpages instead. May change my mind between now and November 1 though.

3. Shanna11 profile image90
    Shanna11posted 4 years ago

I've been working on a story for a bit now, and November might be the perfect time to just slam it out (just so I can actually GET it done) but at the same time, I have so much going on, I don't want to try and kill myself to write it. So that's a maybe vote.

buckleupdorothyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

No shame in trying, I'd say - and if you've got to suffer, there's nothing like coordinated group suffering...

Heh.

4. wordscribe43 profile image93
    wordscribe43posted 4 years ago

I am doing it- a little behind, but still pretty well on track.

http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/wordscribe43

5. AudreyHowitt profile image67
    AudreyHowittposted 4 years ago

I am! I actually think a bunch of us are over there this month--I am Audrey Howitt there--See you att the finish line

1. LABrashear profile image60

Other than here, is anyone tracking who is doing it for writing buddies and encouragement?
      http://www.nanowrimo.ord/en/participants/mikesplum

1. wordscribe43 profile image93
        wordscribe43posted 4 years ago in reply to this

I don't think so.  I want a buddy though, so lonely over there!  sad  Anyone feel free to "buddy me" because I definitely want to feel more connected to the community.  Nice to meet you all!

Edit:  I just ran into this additional forum post-  http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/105576

2. LABrashear profile image60

I think I added you as a buddy...not sure if I'm doing it correctly! smile  I posted on the other thread as well.

6. Judi Bee profile image88
    Judi Beeposted 4 years ago

Just visiting from the other Nanowrimo thread! - I've added wordscribe, buckleupdorothy, Sarra and Audrey as buddies (already added LABrashear earlier) - I'm Judith H.

7. SarahLinny profile image88
    SarahLinnyposted 4 years ago

I am! How do you add friends on there? I had some trouble with it.

1. LABrashear profile image60

What is your username on there?  There's a link on people's pages that says "Add as Buddy."  Just click on that, and - I think - they have to accept  Not sure about that part.

2. Judi Bee profile image88
      Judi Beeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Go to the "Search" bar at the top and search the name - the profile will come up and you can the click "add as buddy".  They are then your buddy, but you don't become their buddy until they add you back.  I think big_smile

What's your user name - I'll add you.

8. LABrashear profile image60
    LABrashearposted 4 years ago

A couple of things...first, what is the point of "buddies" on Nanowrimo?  I'm asking it seriously.  Do we send messages or keep each other's stats?...second, does anyone else feel like they are "rambling" instead of actually writing?  I do!  I am continuing to write, but feel like I'm writing pointless banter and scenes.  sad  Please tell me I'm not alone.

The most important part is that you are writing...  I know I feel like I'm churning out pointless banter sometimes, too.  More often than not, I'm worrying how I'm going to fit it all together into one coherent and cohesive novel.  But, alas... I try not to worry about those things and know that's what December is about.  The more I write, the more sense it's starting to make.

I think the point of buddies is to have someone to cheer on and cheer you on, should you reach out to them.  Or, even someone to bounce ideas off of.  But, I'm finding this thread to be a great help, personally.  It's so nice to know other hubbers are busy writing, too. 

I'm a couple of thousand words below par for now, but I will catch up.  I'd really like to be ahead of the game, to provide myself some cushion.  But, I'm doing the best I can. 

Hope all of you Nanos are doing well!  Let me know how it's going for you, if you get a chance.

working