jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

Just one word that confuses you.

1. Patkay profile image87
    Patkayposted 4 years ago

Which word confuses you either in spelling, correct usage or meaning? For me it is Principle, Principal and you ...?

1. mts1098 profile image84
      mts1098posted 4 years ago in reply to this

The word that confuses me is google for a search engine smile

1. CrisSp profile image84
        CrisSpposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Lol! (:

2. tsmog profile image84
      tsmogposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Okay, a little silly, yet it is a truth. I write formulas for excel spreadsheets throughout each workday. I have to spell false all day long with h and v lookup formulas. No matter how fast or how slow I go I always spell it fasle. Then excel tells me I am wrong or that ain't a formula. The only thing I can figure is that the 'l' is a right hand function typing and the others are left hand. I don't know. It has only been occurring since the last year. Should I see a neurologist? LOL

Have a great day

3. Emmanuel Kariuki profile image91
      Emmanuel Kariukiposted 4 years ago in reply to this

For me it is "run" and "ran" - seems simple and innocuous but I have to check which one I meant much later in scripts. It turns out more often than not that I got it wrong the first time. Principle and Principal always put me in trouble with the head of the college where I was a lecturer because I always wrote the wrong title when addressing her in writing - and she would never let it pass.

2. LupitaRonquillo profile image82
    LupitaRonquilloposted 4 years ago

Stationary and Stationery-
    Stationary means to be still, whereas stationery is the paper. There are some others but usually I just have to stop and think    to realize which one to use.  A book called Word Watch by Patricia McLinn is a great tool for words like these.

1. classicalgeek profile image87
      classicalgeekposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I was taught to remember "e" for "envelope."

3. KristenGrace profile image60
    KristenGraceposted 4 years ago

Love. Four letters... People seem to confuse its meaning so frequently...

4. CrisSp profile image84
    CrisSpposted 4 years ago

Lose, lost, loss....though I know what it all means and the differences, they sometimes can still be very confusing specially that English is my second language.  (:

5. 0
    Motown2Chitownposted 4 years ago

Continuously, continually.