jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

1. sereseus profile image77
    sereseusposted 3 years ago

I am a young poet.I hope you will check my poems and help me improve them.

1. Eiddwen profile image66
      Eiddwenposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I am on a catch up with reading day today and I 'll be over yours in a little while.

2. leni sands profile image82
    leni sandsposted 3 years ago

I'm an old poet and I'll also check out your poems...

3. recommend1 profile image72
    recommend1posted 3 years ago

OK - just checked them and they have many spelling and grammar mistakes.  Poetry is touted as a higher level of language and if the spelling and grammar are bad then most people will stop reading them immediately.

The poetry is religious greetings card quality, this may be a criticism but loads of people like that kind of thing so take no notice of me smile

1. sereseus profile image77
      sereseusposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks i will check on it.

1. Ben Evans profile image74
        Ben Evansposted 3 years ago in reply to this

You have a nice visual sense.  Description can be the painting.  Keep writing and reading.

2. leni sands profile image82
      leni sandsposted 3 years ago in reply to this

A friend of mine is a fabulous poet - a poet living in the wrong age and time, unfortunately he has dyslexia which makes spelling correctly difficult and sometimes his grammar is a little off but his poetry is emotional, inspirational, romantic and to be blunt - brilliant!

I do agree that some people might be turned off by spelling mistakes however poetry is written to be heard and reading a poem out loud is so much more meaningful because you can express the emotion in it.  If spelling is an issue why not record it .  Youtube video's can be an amazing way of sharing your work with the world and the beauty of that is that nowadays you can share your youtube videos here on hubpages as well!

I once read a poem that was written in dialect and couldn't understand it but when I heard the words it was amazing.

1. Pearldiver profile image86
        Pearldiverposted 3 years ago in reply to this

+ 1

Good points and advice - irrespective of age! lol

4. Gypsy Rose Lee profile image62
    Gypsy Rose Leeposted 3 years ago

Will take a look. Poetry is a lot about inspiration and imagination.

5. 60
    eelusmartgotliebposted 3 years ago

I am young poet too, but i will check it out............................i think we can  become better poets here, with our friends here

6. 0
    Poetic Foolposted 3 years ago

HubPages is a great place for your to "get your legs under you" so to speak.  You'll find a warm, welcoming and helpful group of poets here.  I published my first poems here on HP almost two years ago and it was the encouragement of a particular few hubbers that kept me writing.  I'm sure you will get lots of feedback on your poems.  I'll try to make a point to read and comment on a few too.