The Hobbit - what are your memories?

1. SimeyC profile image88
    SimeyCposted 3 years ago

I’ve always been an avid reader and Tolkien’s The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings were very influential in my life – not only did they lead to a love of sci-fi and fantasy books but they also made me a ‘compulsive’ reader.

My fondest memory of The Hobbit is when I read it to my children – it was their bed time story and they loved it. It became a tradition and I had to be a grumpy dwarf every night prior to reading the books. My children, now nearly 22 will be going to the movie with me and hopefully the memories will continue through a new generation with my Grand Son in a few years.

2. Reality Bytes profile image93
    Reality Bytesposted 3 years ago

My father introduced me to "The Hobbit" when I was around nine years old.  He had a copy with illustrations, which I was not allowed to bring back to my mother's house.  I had my mom bring me to the library,  she had to sign permission for me to be able to get to Tolkiens books, they were in the adult section.

I was so enthralled by Tolkien that the ten year old me checked Tolstoy from the library when J.R.R.'s books ran out.  It was not the same!  lol

3. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 3 years ago

I just read The Hobbit again, and now my nine-year-old grandson is reading it. I can't wait to see the movie! I've read the Lord of the Rings trilogy, and I'm reading it again now. I'm a big Tolkien fan.