Which are the most humorous books of all time?

1. profile image0
    riddle666posted 4 years ago

I couldn't get much.  Jeeves by Wodehouse, Three men in a boat, hitchhiker's guide to galaxy are a few. What do you think?

2. Theophanes profile image93
    Theophanesposted 4 years ago

I think the funniest things I have read are often people with really messed up lives who decide to write about it. Augusten Burroughs and David Sedaris come to mind though there are certainly others. If nothing else you'll learn that 1) your life isn't so bad and 2) its much better to laugh than cry.

3. SmartAndFun profile image90
    SmartAndFunposted 4 years ago

One of my favorite books is Confederacy of Dunces. I also love David Sedaris. It is supposedly a kids' book, but one of my funniest favorites of all time is Runny Babbit by Shel Silverstein. One of my pavorite foems in bat thook is is "Runny's Rittle Leminders:

Runny doesn't always do
    The thoper pring at all.
    Just see the motes his namma
    Has pasted on his wall:

STOP FAKING MACES...SAY "THEASE" AND "PLANK YOU"...WHON'T DINE...FASH YOUR WACE...QUE BIET...BAKE YOUR MED...REAN UP YOUR CLOOM...TICK UP YOUR POYS...TRUSH YOUR BEETH...SPON'T DIT...HON'T DIT...DON'T BALK TACK...HASH YOUR WANDS...DETTLE SOWN...PEED YOUR FET...FLEEP YOUR SWOOR...TURN YOUR DADIO ROWN...DO YOUR WOMEHORK...NE BICE...DON'T TREAD RASH...DONT' SIGHT WITH YOUR FISTER...DON'T MEW WITH YOUR CHOUTH FULL...DON'T FEAT WITH YOUR INGERS...PHET OFF THE GONE...EAN YOUR CLEARS...NOP THAT STOW...STRIT UP SAIGHT...NOP STAGGING...NAKE YOUR TAP...DON'T FEW YOUR CHINGERNAILS...GOP STIGGLING...DON'T THUCK YOUR SUMB...BON'T DELCH...COVER YOUR SNOUTH WHEN YOU MEEZE...USE YOUR SLAPKIN, NOT YOUR NEEVE...DON'T NICK YOUR POSE...GOP STIGGLING...CHING BACK THE BRANGE...FISTEN TO YOUR LATHER...DON'T BATCH YOUR SCREHIND (AT LEAST POT IN NUBLIC)...DON'T DAM THE SLOOR...DON'T MULP YOUR GILK...FIPE YOUR WEET...KNUB YOUR SCREES...HOP STOLDING YOUR BREATH...SHAKE A TOWER...TEEP YOUR ELBOWS OFF THE KABLE...SCON'T DREAM...TAKE THOSE LOOKS TO THE BIBRARY...

When I read these out loud to my kids, we get to the point that we can't stop laughing. Simple but good stuff. smile

working