jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

'Adult' material appropriate for this website?

1. Nikostratus profile image60
    Nikostratusposted 3 years ago

Hello! I do apologize if this is not the proper forum for this question, but are writings of an adult nature suitable to add to our hubs? I don't mean to boast, but I write damn good erotic fiction, slash, smut, m/f, m/m, f/f I cater to all preferences. I haven't tried menage a trois writing yet, however.

Would adding one of my current writings be appropriate for this website? I have one already posted, I think called 'Glenwood Mire', but I am unsure if the content was either a)suitable even if it was smut or b)slipped through the cracks.

Any knowledge? Thank you so very much. I hope to publish a Dragon Age Fanfic on here.

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Short answer - no.   HubPages earns income from Adsense, and Adsense is very strict about what Adsense users can write about.  Adult content is definitely, absolutely, unquestionably off limits.

Sometimes adult material does slip through the cracks here, but it's not a good idea to take advantage of that, because it could have serious consequences for yourself and other writers.  Many of us rely for some of our income on Adsense, and if HubPages is caught publishing adult material, Adsense could sever the relationship.

Don't think it can't happen - one of HP's competitors, Wizzley.com, lost all its Adsense advertising on the whole site for over a month recently.  The cause was some graphic images uploaded by one member.  Luckily Wizzley was able to smooth things over and get ads reinstated.

2. jabelufiroz profile image77
    jabelufirozposted 3 years ago

All Hubs have to meet the site content guidelines set forth in the Google AdSense Program Policy, in the HubPages Terms of Use, and summarized below.

Our objective with HubPages is to support authors that have the desire and intent to develop a readership on the HubPages site, and to contribute in a positive way to the HubPages community. If your intended use runs counter to this objective—for instance, if your sole purpose is to get backlinks for other sites or to promote or sell dubious products through your Hubs—then please stop using HubPages.

If your Hubs are identified as in violation, we generally will give you an opportunity to correct the problem and republish the Hub. However, repeated violations will result in your account being closed and all your Hubs being unpublished. If you are unsure if your Hubs meet our policies, we will be far more sympathetic if you contact us for clarification before publishing the Hubs.

Read More:

3. Nikostratus profile image60
    Nikostratusposted 3 years ago

My thanks indeed. I've just joined earlier this evening, so I am still unclear about a lot of things. But thank you very much for your assistance.

In regards to you, Marisa, my thanks indeed for that information. I wasn't sure but I thought that was the correct answer. It seems I must remove two of my Hubs because they may be in violation of this and I have no wish to cause harm in some way.