jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

1. CroftRoan profile image86
    CroftRoanposted 3 years ago

I was just reading an article on finding inspiration for writing and it got me to think about how others find what inspires them. For instance, I love to read a Sara Douglass novel if I'm stuck. she's such a powerful author and I've been a fan of her for years. I also listen to a variety of bands and artists like Cascada, Pat Monahan, and the Gloriana because I can just focus on the emotion and attach a story to it. If you guess have any specific ways you gain inspiration please speak up. Someone might need a few ideas.

1. ajwrites57 profile image87
      ajwrites57posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Excellence inspires me. I mean whether its a performance of a movie or song, a photograph or work of art, a well made product--these inspire me to write. I guess this excellence strikes a creative chord in me and I write about it. I use the energy I get from the experience to craft a poem, story or article. Or maybe just jot down an idea I get from it. yikes)

1. CroftRoan profile image86
        CroftRoanposted 3 years ago in reply to this

That's very interesting. I understand excellence can spur people to act in certain ways but it's good to know that it can enhance writing as well.

2. brakel2 profile image88
    brakel2posted 3 years ago

I get inspired by movies and articles in newspapers or magazines. A relative with a great memory inspired an article. Relaxation can make me think of topics. Family and friends with situations in their lives have motivated me. My life experiences have provided reasons to write.

3. jg555 profile image60
    jg555posted 3 years ago

Lately, the experiences in my life have been inspiring me. Even unexcting, unimportant events have made me think of something worth writing about. I tend to fictionalize the events to fit into some idea I have. I also take from what's happening in the world, dreams, movies, books, and other writing.