jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

What genre do you prefer reading more of?

1. Jana2 profile image59
    Jana2posted 3 years ago

Just curious. For me, I like to read basically anything that sounds interesting and has a good plot.

2. kristenaugusta profile image60
    kristenaugustaposted 3 years ago

I enjoy stories that have a sense of truth to them. The characters are generally individuals that I can believe in and trust. The plot line should captivate me and transport me to times and places I have never experienced and never will on my own timeline. Mysteries have recently captivated me and short stories always grab me quick and hard.

3. GavinWichmann profile image60
    GavinWichmannposted 3 years ago

I've always been a science fiction or fantasy guy I guess, with some modern fiction thrown in there as well. However, every once in a while something different catches me. The last things to get me were historical fiction, and experimental stuff like Kurt Vonnegut.

1. Valorie Esquilona profile image79
      Valorie Esquilonaposted 3 years ago in reply to this

hi!  I love reading non fiction books such as  history, philosophy, astro physics and magazines.  I also read fiction sometimes and I love philosophical novels, mystery and literature.

4. keelymahaffey profile image89
    keelymahaffeyposted 3 years ago

I'd typically say that I'm a fan of just about every genre, as long as there's a catching storyline and believable characters, but my bookshelves are full of paranormal, science-fiction, mysteries, dystopian, and romance novels. I like a mix, but I tend to be drawn toward these genres the most.

5. Anna Haven profile image91
    Anna Havenposted 3 years ago

I like books of both fantasy and paranormal fiction the best. However, I do read quite a lot of factual books as well. I will read any book regardless of genre if it seems interesting and grabs my attention.