jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Why don't writers/poets/etc have hourly/salary wages? Would help us!!!

1. XaosPoetry profile image60
    XaosPoetryposted 4 years ago

I think our economy needs to realize the power of writers. Most writers work off commission. I understand that every piece of work will not be helpful to a business. But i feel that it will open a bunch of jobs for people who love there line of work. Also we could inspire newcomers and bring back veterans and show our appreciation for there work. Maybe i am wrong, what do you think?

2. Wulf Dreamwalker profile image66
    Wulf Dreamwalkerposted 4 years ago

while most writers don't ' have an hourly wage' as you put it  there are those such as freelancers who either write and charge per set number of words. others charge  an hourly wage per assignment or even just per assignment. It all varies as  why charge  a set amount for an article that takes you less then 1 hour to type and if you charge (this is just example) min wage per hour for a 2000 word plus article  as opposed to charging say 5.00 for every 1000 words or ,even as some do 2.50 for every 200 or so words, which would make you more money? the per word would. On larger projects many can and do use the hourly wage system. nice article however.

3. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

If you want an hourly wage for writing, you go and get a salaried writing job.

1. Zelkiiro profile image82
      Zelkiiroposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Liiiiiiiiike...?

1. psycheskinner profile image82
        psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Like journalist, technical writer, novelist for a book packager etc.

4. Wulf Dreamwalker profile image66
    Wulf Dreamwalkerposted 4 years ago

also proofreaders and journalists are mostly paid hourly if they don't work freelance

working