Whatever Happened to the Power of the Writer?

1. Miiss EduKated profile image59
    Miiss EduKatedposted 3 years ago

In the days way back then, you know, before technological advances and reality television, there was something, someone called a Writer.  Back then a Writer was considered supreme. The individual capable of telling truths, calling for social and cultural rebellion, detailing the human experience and soliciting authentic creativity once held value. Every being has the ability to communicate, but it is the Writer, the person who masters a language and the vibes it espouses that expresses the complexities of the spirit.

Nowadays everyone but Writers are deemed valuable. It's to the point now that Writers have gone "ghost." Writing behind the shadows of a well known non-writer. Where is the culture that once enjoyed thinking? Being intellectual? Following one's own creative mind? If it is not text or Twitter message length there seems to be no more interest in the written word. Books are filled with the same plots that have existed for centuries. Where are the words that reveal the state of society, culture, humanity now? The masses have been molded to esteem mainly within the arena of entertainment. An artistic revolution is needed and is on the rise.

Fear not my fellow writers. Miss Edukated has arrived.

2. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 3 years ago

I don't think there was a magical time when writers were supreme.  But as a writer I take the pragmatic approach that my work gets the attention it commands, and no more.

3. Zelkiiro profile image85
    Zelkiiroposted 3 years ago

Literacy happened. As soon as more people could read and write, scribes ceased to be wizards.