jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Why does people think you write your heart out?

1. rdsparrowriter profile image66
    rdsparrowriterposted 4 years ago

I feel scared to write. People think that I'm always writing my heart out. All I ever do is making up stories about real people with imaginary stuff or about imaginary characters with real incidents. I'm not writing my heart down. Any suggestions?

1. suzzycue profile image85
      suzzycueposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Just have fun and write your way. As you grow with your writing it will start to have a style to it. Style is like a signature. People will read your work and know it is from you because your style will start to show. People don't always see the artist's  work the sane way the artist sees things. Keep writing don't ever be scared of anything and don't second guess your self.

1. rdsparrowriter profile image66
        rdsparrowriterposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thank you suzzycue, I really appreciate your encouragement smile My mom said you are correct and for me to not to worry. If I worry what others think, I'll never be able to become a writer.

2. prettydarkhorse profile image65
      prettydarkhorseposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It means you are very creative. It is good when writing a novel or for literary works. :-)

You should not be scared and you should examine the roots of that!

2. suzzycue profile image85
    suzzycueposted 4 years ago

This is my mantra on this issue. " What other people think of me is none of my business."

You are the artist... you are the boss... let your heart lead you and let your fingers fly off the keyboard my friend!  You are a good writer. Keep going.

1. Pixienot profile image81
      Pixienotposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I agree with Suzzycue!  Write what you feel like writing. I think that folks who say you "write your heart out" simply mean that you write a lot and they like it, admire the ability and wish they could write like you.  They do not mean any thing negative. I would take it as a compliment and move on!  My take. smile

working