jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (20 posts)

The problem of Amazon trolls.

1. PurvisBobbi44 profile image91
    PurvisBobbi44posted 3 years ago

I did as you requested for a fellow hubber---as I detest rude people who like to be mean. 
    Good Luck and I click yes on all the good reviews.

Have a great Sunday.

PurvisBobbi44

1. christopheranton profile image80
      christopherantonposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for your help PurvisBobbi.

2. Zelkiiro profile image84
    Zelkiiroposted 3 years ago

Since when does harsh criticism = trolling?

I hate Michael Bay's movies because they're loud, obnoxious, brainless wastes of celluloid that serve only to pander to idiotic people. That doesn't make me a troll; that makes me a critic.

1. 0
      Motown2Chitownposted 3 years ago in reply to this

That's hardly a very 'critical' review.  It's a 'this book sucks' review.  I see your point, and completely agree with it, but I think the reviewer was just having a bad day.  If he meant to actually review the book and paint it as poor, then he could have used different language.  There wasn't a word there that would be helpful in making a decision about purchasing the book, at least IMO.

2. phdast7 profile image82
      phdast7posted 3 years ago in reply to this

I don't know if he was trolling, an idiot, mean, bored, or has an inferiority complex.  ---  But there is mature, even-handed criticism of the actual work, object, etc.   And there is ego-maniacal, by God I get to be a critic, wildly and abusively trashing both the work and the person behind it. 

Come on, compare what he wrote to the other comments and the difference is not only huge but extremely clear.
      ---  He may not be a troll, but he is absolutely not a critic!

3. 61
      Lie Detectorposted 3 years ago in reply to this

How many of his movies did you see to come to that conclusion?

1. Zelkiiro profile image84
        Zelkiiroposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Pearl Harbor, Armageddon, and the Transformers trilogy. They're all trash.

1. 61
          Lie Detectorposted 3 years ago in reply to this

It took you five movies? I saw one and decided I wasn't interested in his films.

1. Zelkiiro profile image84
            Zelkiiroposted 3 years ago in reply to this

It was a matter of eliminating any random elements. Even Stanley Kubrick had his off-days like with Eyes Wide Shut, but if I saw just that, I'd never know all the great films Kubrick made.

Sometimes you just don't take that chance, even with hacks like Michael Bay.

working