jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (9 posts)

Where I can I write more taboo subjects?

1. ThompsonPen profile image83
    ThompsonPenposted 4 years ago

I love Hubpages - and I love the community. But I want to be able to branch out with my writing and write about perhaps more adult content, or write about the local legalization of pot in Washington without having to watch what links I put up - whatever it may be. Do you know of, or have any experience writing "taboo" subjects?

1. bBerean profile image59
      bBereanposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hubba-hubba pages?

1. profile image0
        Beth37posted 4 years ago in reply to this

lol

2. Ericdierker profile image77
      Ericdierkerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It is an art my dear. Read Epigramman and apply the subtle nuance. If you just want to be crude you will not find sponsors.

ThompsonPenposted 4 years ago in reply to this

ha ha! I'm not after writing erotica, I just want to say do an article about the Dom and Sub culture, for example. Certain things that I'm just not sure I can get away with otherwise smile

2. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

Basically, your own website--and not using adsense.

does adsense say no to that sort of stuff? Are there Adsense alternatives?

1. wilderness profile image94
        wildernessposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Adsense is extremely prudish; it has to be to be acceptable to all the advertisers out there.  So adsense gives a very loud NO to that sort of stuff.

You might solicit advertising money yourself from appropriate manufacturers/sellers.  Marijuana growers.  Adult "toys" ( I know Amazon sells them; some poor hubber found she had been credited with the sale of some sex toys and was quite distraught about it a couple of years ago). 

The bigger question might be what you are willing to do and what you are willing to have attached to your name.

At this point I'm looking into what it would cost me to build a site like this for any kind of material as long as it didn't promote violence! Though I don't have the money or the know-how.
          Surely there has to be something like this, somewhere.
          I have been writing about what's been going on in WA with the new Marijuana laws, and I got dinged because one of my references promoted  gun sales or something like that, and my Hub was taken down. I just don't want to tip-toe

working