Attention Poets and Fiction writers...

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (34 posts)
  1. xstatic profile image60
    xstaticposted 10 years ago

As I understand it this is a new set just starting, but once you enter, you do have to judge what they send you.

2. tillsontitan profile image81
    tillsontitanposted 10 years ago

Sounds very interesting.  Now I'll have to write poetry and fiction wink  Thanks though I'm sure there are tons of citizens of Hubville who can really benefit from this.

1. Faith Reaper profile image84
      Faith Reaperposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Does sound interesting, will have to start writing fiction, as I write non-fiction, but to try my hand at a bit of poetry.

3. Jackie Lynnley profile image82
    Jackie Lynnleyposted 10 years ago

Thank you. I used .com and found it alright. I notice many are putting in 5, I guess that increases the chances. Are you entering? Just being nosy...lol

1. Faith Reaper profile image84
      Faith Reaperposted 10 years agoin reply to this

LOL, Jackie, you are not being nosy!  Well, it does sound interesting, but I need to get busy here on HubPages and caught back up first!  LOL   Your fiction stories are always amazing and should win many times!!!

2. xstatic profile image60
      xstaticposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I did enter five poems, yes. Wanted to get my money's worth, right?

4. Jackie Lynnley profile image82

Oh, I thought it was $6 per poem.

Ohhhh, nooo, for poems you can enter up to 5 for six bucks

1. lovebuglena profile image84
        lovebuglenaposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Writers should not have to pay money to enter their writing into a contest. That is just wrong!

5. Jackie Lynnley profile image82

Wow, OK. Thanks!

Be sure to read the rules carefully. I dropped the ball on the first round and did not vote on the ones I was sent on time, so my submission was dropped.

6. xstatic profile image60
    xstaticposted 10 years ago

This is the last day to enter your poems or stories into this contest at Sixfold. It offers $$ prizes and website publication too...

1. profile image0
      Beth37posted 10 years agoin reply to this

So there is a charge for each entry?
      Do you know if they are as strict on romance themed pieces as they are here?

Six dollars for five poems, maybe 6 for each story, they set all that out pretty well at the site.

The readers/submitters are the ones who vote on the entries.

7. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 10 years ago

Honestly, it feels to me like this is oriented to make money for the owner more than anything else.

"This" meaning HP or Sixfold?

1. psycheskinner profile image84
        psycheskinnerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Sixfold, that is what this thread is about.  And from my point of view HP is giving me money, 6F is asking me to give them money.  It looks like even some who are "published" by them end up in the red.

Six bucks to enter five poems in a contest is not a big investment. I doubt if poems make any money on HP. But, hey, it is your call, I am just calling attention to a chance for publication, not arm twisting.

And I was just giving my impression like other people in this thread did. 

I don't post my poetry on Hubpages either.  There are as lot of avenues for poetry and which you use depends on what your goals are.

1. profile image0

My goal is to become a famous writer, get incredibly wealthy, buy tons of material goods and come back a few years later and tell everyone I was wrong... money buys happiness and owning an expensive car brought peace on earth for me and all my descendants. What site can I go to to achieve this end?

Send me one thousand dollars and I will tell you.

1. profile image0

That sounds fair.

I'm goggling that one, will advise...

1. profile image0

lol

3. bBerean profile image60
                bBereanposted 10 years agoin reply to this

If that happens you could probably afford a Nathaniel.

1. profile image0

Holy cow, you used the joke I avoided... I would have made it a bit dirtier... it's better your way.

1. bBerean profile image60
                    bBereanposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I can't help if folks assume or read between the lines.  Purely innocent, I assure you.  lol

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)