jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Calling Philippa Gregory fans!

1. 0
    Lybrahposted 2 years ago

Which of Philippa Gregory's novels do you like best, and why?

I'll start.  I'd have to say that The Other Boleyn Girl was my favorite, it got me interested in Anne Boleyn.  I read it twice.  The Boleyn Inheritance was another one I could not put down.  I wish they'd make that one into a movie.

1. 0
      MysticMoonlightposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I love reading Phillippa Gregory. 'The Other Boleyn Girl' is my favorite as well and I have also read it twice. I read 'The Lady of the Rivers' last year and it was quite interesting. To be honest, I haven't read anything by her that I didn't like. She is one writer whose books I will always re-read. Her writing style and genre are my forte for sure. I'll have to check out Alison Weir, sounds promising.

2. Jane McCamant profile image60
    Jane McCamantposted 2 years ago

Phillippa Gregory is alternate or fictionalized history. The other Boleyn girl is not even close to the truth. If you want more information on Mary Boleyn read Alison Weir. she tells the best know history at this time. More information comes when historians find more evidence. The last book that I know of by Phillippa "The White Queen", is another fictionalized altered history. Happy reading. Phillipa is great as a story teller I admire her.

1. 0
      Lybrahposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I agree...for the real deal, Alison Weir is the best source of information.  I've read several of her books.