jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How many books will you read in 2014?

1. onceuponatime66 profile image61
    onceuponatime66posted 2 years ago

I am taking several reading challenges and one is within goodreads.com and I vote to read 12 books, once a month, because I also have college.  With your schedule what realistic reading will you do?

2. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 2 years ago

I don't know, but more than last year!  I find that I read much more consistently and quicker when I use my Kindle.  I finished The Signature of all Things over the holiday break.  Now I'm on some freebee from Bookbub, but those can be a waste of time.
    I like to feel like the book is worth the time invested.  I'm thinking of my next book now. I may go back and reread Cold Mountain.  It's such a beautifully written historical novel. 
    It's always nice to hear good suggestions.

3. Kathleen Cochran profile image84
    Kathleen Cochranposted 2 years ago

I guess I average about 15.  I agree that Kindle makes it easier.  If I finish a book at 11 at night and still can't sleep I can start another one without getting out of bed.

Many of us hubbers have our own books on Kindle.  I'd love to see this supportive group of writers here on HP  commit to reading each other's books.  That's REAL support for us struggling writers!

4. 0
    mbuggiehposted 2 years ago

At least 50 and hopefully many more.