jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

1. 0
    Beth37posted 2 years ago

Hi HP's staff,
    Just a quick thought. Is there any chance you might consider a piece of poetry for an upcoming HOTD? It would be a nice gesture for those in the community that are so dedicated to that particular style of writing. Thanks.

1. Jodah profile image85
      Jodahposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thank you for posting this on behalf of all the poets here Beth. I can see from other forums and comments in hubs many are beginning to feel unappreciated here.

2. Chris Neal profile image83
      Chris Nealposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I just post my poetry for fun. And of course the accolades and screaming throngs of slavish admirers. But HP is pretty dedicated to pushing hubs that can make money, and let's face it, poetry just ain't gonna be that.

2. janshares profile image87
    jansharesposted 2 years ago

This is a good idea, Beth37, your heart is in the right place. But we all know there's a formula and criteria to HOTD that poetry would not meet. It is about business and what HP wants as the "face" of this site, representing the type of hubs that attract viewers and advertisers.

I would go further and ask HP to acknowledge the good work of poets by creating an entirely new category of daily favorite - POTD - Poem of the Day. Or maybe POTWeek, or even POTMonth. Hubbers could submit and vote. All HP would have to do is post it.

1. tsmog profile image84
      tsmogposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Sharing jan I have a poem hub that I believe meets the criteria. No promoting (did I cross a line?) . . . so make a good guess if you would like to share if it does smile

2. Jodah profile image85
      Jodahposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Wonderful idea Jan. I hope HP reads this forum topic.